twenty-three; minefield

"Who's that? The liar and the thief who tried to rob us and hold a knife to Inanna's throat?"

We had resumed our trip. Even tho we didn't get stolen, we were out of almost everything. Jaha kept giving me side looks and talking about how I didn't need to kill the guy or knock out the girl.

"You still have water?" I ask John who nods in deny at me making me throw my head back in annoyance. "We should have stayed in the camp, now we're gonna die alone in the desert."

"We'll make it." He assures, more to himself than to me.

I chuckle at his words unaware of what to say. We stop after a while, everyone tired and needing to rest.

As soon as we'd laid down, John went out like a light. I woke up with Jaha calling for me and everyone already wake.

"Going," I mutter after groaning in annoyance.

I touch John's arm hoping to wake him up, but he turns his head to the other side.

"We gotta go," I tell him as I get up and clean the sand on my clothes. "Come on."

"There. He's up. It's about time." Caspian tells us and I look up at him.

"Shut up," I tell him, and he breaths out in annoyance. "You okay?" I help John up.

"If he's not, we're leaving him here," Caspian speaks up again and I death glare him.

"I'm ok."

"It's time to go home." The man walks towards us and Jaha.

"And where exactly is that?" Jaha asks.

"Sir, I know you're trying to take us to a better place, but look around. We've got no food, we've got no water, and no idea how to find it."

"I already told you she said due north," I tell them. "She was talking about the City of Light."

"Did she say that?" Jaha asks raising his brows

"No, but would that mean instead of the City of Light?!" I frown mine, asking back as if he was dumb.

Which he is.

"Did she say how far due north?"

"No. She didn't."

"She wouldn't be sending us there if we couldn't make it," John speaks up and I can't help but be taken back by the amount of faith he had in her, even tho he was saying that to get my back.

"Who's that? The liar and the thief who tried to rob us and hold a knife to Inanna's throat?" Cosmos argues and John rolls his eyes at him.

"Sir, I really hope you are not considering this." Caspian tells Jaha.