thirty-three; end of the world, again

"Only way to remove them is by force

"Only way to remove them is by force."

Her stare is different from the one I used to be faced with. I can't see the admiration or pride she once felt for me. I didn't expect it but it's a different thing to actually see it.

She pushes the end of her coat behind her and walks to me as I try my best to stand up straight, not wanting her to see me weak.

"Pride's a bitch." Delphia mutters slightly touching my shoulder making me stumble from how weak I was.

"I'm sorry." I look between the three of them.

"You should be." She looks at me from up to down. "I trained you. I made you."

"You also told me I couldn't be bothered by love," I replied steadily.

"I don't think I did a good job on that aspect." The woman looks at John for a split second.

"I'm just like you-"

"You're nothing like me. I wouldn't leave the people who saved me just because of some... boy."

"You did just that." I look into her eyes. "I'm sorry. I really am." My gaze turns to the two men behind her. "I shouldn't have left you and if I could go back in time, I wouldn't do it again."

"I take it as the trip wasn't good," Osmo speaks up and I breathe out at the sound of a voice I never thought I heard again.

"I ran and became a hitwoman. What do you think?" I try to joke but the sad look on my face quickly returns. "Tiga told me to tell you you're the noblest person he knew." I look at Osmo and then at Linn. "He also said he loved you dearly," I tell the bigger man who only nods and swallows hard in response.

"Go back to your people, Inanna." Delphia speaks out again.

"I have no people," I tell her. "I only had you and I blew it. Then I only had him..." I look at John who's talking with Emori. "...then he blew it."

"You made your bed now lie in it." She turns around on her tracks and the two men follow as I breathe out harshly fighting not to break down into a million pieces.

I stay there in the middle of the street, looking at the destruction around me. I look at the place my stand was five days ago. The table was now broken and had fallen to the ground, bloodstains all over it.

"Inanna," Octavia calls comes to help me walk but I don't let her, finally behind able to walk straight and faster.

We walk towards most of the others and I wonder for a moment what I'm doing here. They have serious difficulties noticing that I don't want to be in whatever they're doing. Octavia fills me in and apparently, Azgeda wants our heads on sticks. Mine included.

FIRE AND GOLD ▸ JOHN MURPHY (editing) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara