twenty-five; together

"I told you to stop creeping on me like that

"I told you to stop creeping on me like that."

TW: SUICIDE ATTEMPT

I lost count of how many days we had been here. In the beginning, it was fine, we used to listen to music, dance, play pole and this game I found named monopoly. We would watch movies while he fixed my leg and I fixed his arm, then it became the same thing over and over again.

The second I could walk properly I pushed the furniture aside so that I could have space to keep training. Even if I could never leave this place again, fighting was the only thing keeping me sane. I didn't have anyone to fight with though, every time I suggested that I would teach John how to fight he would blow me away.

I hated being locked up. Four years were enough.

John, on the other hand, had nothing making him sane, it felt like living with a corpse. He didn't shower, sleep, or talk. The only thing he could do was sit on the couch or pace around the living room while Becca was saying the same things on TV. I could recite that fucking videos from listening to them so many times.

I swing the blade in the air as I turn my body, stopping when I notice that John's right behind me, with the weapon a millimeter away from cutting his neck in half.

"I told you to stop creeping on me like that." I look at him, placing the weapons on top of the kitchen counter.

He had let a beard grow and his hair looked like shit.

"You need to shower or you're not sleeping in the same bed as me," I say as I walk past him and grab a glass of water. "Not that it would be any different from the last, I don't know, days? You know, the not sleeping in the bed part."

"How could you do this for four years?"

"Good question." I turn around and grab my weapons again. "Go shower and let me practice."

He swallows hard and goes to the bedroom, hopefully, to grab a change of clothes.

I grab the end of the blade, and throw it at the wall, making one more mark on it. After a while of fighting with the air, John leaves the bathroom without looking like he had been playing on a garbage can.

"Finally. I'm going to sleep, you should do that too." I tell him, placing my hand on his shoulder and moving to the bedroom.

I lay on the bed, thinking about Delphia and the others, thinking if they made it. If they lived. I look at the ceiling and grab the book on my nightstand. The Lord of The Flies. I had read it before when I was in The Ark. Most of the books in this place had been read by me before. The music on the other hand... I had found what they used to call an mp3 player and a pair of headphones.

I place the white devices on my ear and go down the list of music until I reach Starter by The Cardigans.

This is a start
That I know I'll believe in
So I'm leavin' everything behind
Keeping the partsThat I know I'll be needing
And I breed to be a better kind
And I'm leavin' everyone behind