forty; half rations

"Octavia needs you

"Octavia needs you. The same way you need her."

forty-six days later

"Come on, Cosmos, fight!" I tell the man in front of me as I swing the blade on the air as his' moves uncontrollably.

He was stressed, and it could easily be noticed by the way he was fighting. Always using his strength, never using his brain.

He tries to hit me but fails. I easily hit my elbow on his back and he falls into the gym mat under us.

"I thought you better." I give him my hand for him to grab, which he quickly pushes away and gets up on his own. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You're never satisfied with what I do." He looks down at me and I scoff.

"I'll be satisfied when you kick my ass." I roll my shoulders and grab my weapon from the ground. "Again."

He does the same thing and gets in his fighting position. When I look behind him, I notice Delphia standing at the door looking at me with a small smile.

"The delegates have assembled." She informs me and I take a deep breath looking at Cosmos. "Octavia's getting dressed, you should too."

"Do I need to go? It's only one person per clan." I ask her and she widens her eyes a bit when I mention various clans.

Cosmos looks between the two of us away but I touch his shoulder, stopping him.

"We keep training when I get back," I tell him, releasing my grip him. "Keep training, use your brain, not your body."

He walks out and Delphia gets in, closing the door behind her.

"Inanna, you're a leader. You and Octavia rule."

"I didn't win the conclave, Del." I remind her.

"But you're known for what you used to do in Polis." She gets closer and touches my forearm. "Octavia needs you. The same way you need her."

I nod at her and she nods back and me opening the door to the hallway. I dress in my normal clothes. Black leather pants, a corset, and a black shirt underneath it. Delphia braided my hair and I painted my eyes. We walk as fast as we cam towards Indra and Octavia who was waiting for us.

My boots hitting the floor could probably be heard from outside the bunker from how fast I was walking.

"You're late," Indra states looking at us.