twenty-eight; fake commander

"They can all die as long as I keep standing!"

I've been doing this for a while now. I had put up a stand where the others were, I was on the end of the row, the only stand on my side being a lady selling dead rats, pretty good to be working with the smell of the food I'm gonna eat when I get enough coins.

People would ask me to kill for them and give me something valuable enough for me to sell and get the food into my stomach at the end of the day. I had sell watched, necklaces, rings. WHere the customers got those? I don't know or care.

I had changed. A lot. I'm convinced that if John or any of the people I once meet saw me wouldn't recognize me. I had gone back to grounder's clothes and the paint on my face. I had got a rune tattooed on my shoulder by some guy. It meant strength.

I had also found something new to kill with. A ring with a blade on the end. Pretty cool if you ask me. Better than Emori's knife. I had sold it on the first day. It bought me a grilled rat so from where I stand it was an amazing investment.

Titus, the flamekeeper, would ask me for something from now and then. He would repay it with a favor.

Right now I was on my way to a man's house. I had been told to kill him. Some unfinished business. I didn't ask why they wanted him dead. My only question is what I get from this.

If I killed this man and placed the ring the customer had given me inside of the dead man's mouth, I would get a new necklace to seal for many many coins.

I had gotten him drunk and now we were in his house. His bedroom to be precise.

"Gotta finish what you started." He says seductively as I get him wondering hands away from my body.

"You're right, I do." I whisper in his ear as I push him on the bed behind him. "You got a rope laying around?"

"You like that kind of stuff?" He grunts and I fight the urge to just kill him right away.

The only thing stopping me is his side. It would get messy and that couldn't happen.

"You have no idea." I wink at him as he points at the wardrobe.

I take the ropes and start tying his feet and wrists to the bed under him. When I'm sure he's secure, I run my finger with the ring up and down the side of his face. He grunts at me again and I smirk at him before sticking the ring on his neck.

I could feel the blood spilling from his neck reaching my face and painting it red.

"Moth-Motherfucker." He whispers as loud as he can with his neck pierced.

I only smirk in response as I run my fingers on his bloody face.

When he finally stops breathing, I take the ring from my pocket and put it in his mouth.

FIRE AND GOLD ▸ JOHN MURPHY (editing) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara