twenty-two; wrong choices

"Touch me again, and I'll end you

"Touch me again, and I'll end you."

We had been walking for a while, enough to say that we had reached the desert. Jaha was annoying as shit, and so was Cosmos, who used every single moment I was alone to come to speak with me, making me never leave John's side so that I wouldn't need to talk to him.

I hadn't spent a second without my weapons. Jaha kept telling me to leave them behind, at first I denied but since he kept telling me the same thing, now I ignore him.

The paint on my face probably looks like shit now and since I don't have a mirror I can't see it.

Why did I think that coming on this field trip was a good idea? I don't know, cause clearly it wasn't.

"Sir, do you recognize anything?" Two of the men that were with us ask Jaha.

"Their tent was near here. I'm sure of it." He tells him and I take a deep breath walking past the two men.

"What's the matter? You guys got someplace better to be?" John asks them and walks down the hill behind Jaha.

I hesitate but go as soon as I notice Cosmos looking at me. When I do, I see a cart in the middle of nowhere.

"You see anyone?" I ask John and Jaha.

Jaha doesn't respond, instead, he walks towards it. I take the two blades and hold them tight, as John takes his gun.

When we get closer, a girl jumps out of the cart with her knife in her hand.

"Bak op o ai frag yu op!" She threatens and I get closer to her, but I'm stopped by Jaha putting an arm in front of me. (Stay back or I'll kill you!)

"Thomzop swis." I look at her knife. (Nice knife.)

"We mean you no harm," Jaha tells her as he puts his arms up. "What did she say?" he asks me.

"Nothing important," I say not breaking my stare from her.

"What do you want?" The girl looks at Jaha.

"Nothing. It looks like you could use a hand." He tells her and she puts her knife away, taking the fabric from her face, revealing a pretty cool tattoo if you ask me. "What are you doing out here alone?"

"My brother and I were on our way to the City of Light, and wastelanders attacked." She tells us as tears approach her eyes. "They took our horse, all our water, everything. They killed him. This cart is all I have left."

"Give her some water." Jaha orders and John takes his bottle out, handing it to me.

"Whoa, no, no, no, no, no. We barely have enough for ourselves here." The same man from earlier stops him by touching his arm.