six; hanging tree

"Don't you fucking dare!

I wake up with everyone screaming at the top of her lungs, I look around and I'm alone. I quickly get up and put my shoes and jacket back on, running out of the tent, only to see Clark pushing Murphy.

"You son of a bitch!" She pushes him as I ran towards them.

"Ho-ho-ho. What's your problem?" He argues laughing a bit.

"Recognize this?" She shows him his knife.

"My knife, where did you found it?" He goes to grab it but she pushes out of his reach.

"Where you drop it after killing Wells." She snaps and I get closer.

"After I what?"

Wells' dead?

He left in the middle of the night, but by the look on his face, he didn't know what she was talking about.

"He didn't kill Wells, he was with me all night." I get closer and look at Clark.

"All night?" Clark asks and I look at Murphy.

"All night."

"Then explain this!" She shows me his knife.

"I don't fucking know," I reply confused.

"For what we know you could have helped him." Someone from the crowd speaks up and I look at them.

"Excuse me?" I laugh at the guy.

"He threatened to kill him, we all heard." Clark looks back at him. "You hated Wells."

"Plenty of people hated Wells." Murphy looks between her and Bellamy. "His father was the Chancellor that locked us up."

"Yeah, but you're the only one who got in a knife fight with him." Clark says back.

"Yeah, I didn't kill him then, either."

"Tried to kill Jasper, too." Octavia says and I take a deep breath afraid of what route this is gonna take.

"Come on. This is ridiculous. I don't have to answer to you. I don't have to answer to anyone." Murphy argued and Bellamy gets closer making me scoff.

"Come again?"

"Bellamy, look, I'm telling you, man. I didn't do this." He gets closer to him

"They found his fingers on the ground with your knife." Bellamy states.

"Is this the kind of society that we want? You say there should be no rules. Does that mean that we can kill each other without... without punishment?" Clark says and I walk closer to her, grabbing her shoulder.

"I already told you. I didn't kill anyone." Murphy tries again.

"Don't do this, Clark. Please. He didn't do it." I mutter so that only she could hear but I am ushered away.