twenty-nine; price of life

"A fake commander needs a fake flamekeeper

"A fake commander needs a fake flamekeeper."

It had been a day since I made probably the worst decision I could. There was nothing I could do now except deal with the side looks that crazy bitch gave me every time she walked past me with John on a leach.

I get up from bed and get dressed, looking at the window before getting out. The lady from the rats wasn't there today. It had been attacked on the road, the rumors said.

I get to my stand and suddenly feel myself being pushed against the wall and a harsh grip on my neck.

When I finally see who's in front of me I chuckle. Emori.

"Where's my knife?" She asks grabbing my neck tighter.

"Paying for my lunch." I pushed her away from me and walk to my stand again, swallowing hard.

"You sold it?!" Emori asks as if I did something out of this world.

"Yes, I did," I tell her noticing that she's walking to the grilled rats' stand. "Brutally attacked in the woods," I repeat what the people were saying. "And I thought you were only a thief."

"It's dangerous out there." She looks at the rats disgusted making me laugh.

"You should take them off unless you want brunt rat to be your specialty." I look at the very dark rats and she does as I say. "What are you doing here?"

"John's here isn't he? As the flamekeeper?" Emori asks me and I look away, smiling at the people passing by seeing if they want to buy anything.

"A fake commander needs a fake flamekeeper." I mutter so that she was the only one listening.

"She's not the real commander?!"

"The flame's gone." I look at her. "She knows I'm the only person who knows where it is. That's why my head is still in my body."

"What the hell did you do?"

"Not your problem." I look around and notice Ontari walking in our direction. "Act as if you didn't know me."

Ontari walks with her guards and John that for the first time, it's not in a leach. The woman death glares me and stops in front of my stand.

"Wanna buy anything, Heda?" I look at her from up to down.

Her short temper kicks in as she takes her sword, putting it in my neck.

"Take her." She orders her guards and they come to grab me.

As soon as they approach me, I take the old weapons I used to use and slash the throats of the two men on each side of me. When they fall I start running as hard as I can.

I run in the street in front of me, flipping as many stands as I can blocking the way to the gigantic men running behind me, ready to take me to that crazy bitch and I'm not thrilled about knowing what she'll do when she gets me.

I knew every inch of this place, but soon enough, I'm faced with a dead-end and three men trice my size ready to knock me down.

The only thing they couldn't do was kill me. That didn't mean they could take me to Ontari in really bad shape.

"Wan daun." The one in the middle orders and I swallow hard. (Stop)

"Ai nou tel op Ontari enti." I state looking at them. (I won't tell Ontari anything)

"Yu spek daun et Heda!" He starts getting angrier and angrier and I feel tenser as he gets closer. (You bow at the commander)

"Klir of en yu ait." I try to warn as I take a step back wondering how I'm gonna kill three gigantic men with swords. (Leave and you won't be armed)

"Hon em." The bigger one orders and the other two flip their swords at me. (Get her.)

I get cut on the arm as I'm able to stop the swords from hurting me even more. The sound of our grunts and the metal from our weapons being the only thing in the air.

I'm able to push one of the swords away and take it, stabbing him through the chest with it, giving the other time to cut my leg making me scream and fall on the floor.

"Set daun." One of the other two says and I get up, feeling the blood beneath me, and grabbing my weapons again.

"Yu stadaum ai fostaim." I stumble as I try to get myself straight. (You have to kill me first)

The two men get closer again, their swords ready to fight me. I make the first move, flipping my weapons at them.

The only thing this does is give them time to hit me and made me fall again. This time I don't move from the floor or let go of the weapons, when they both approach my body to grab me, I stick them both into their necks, the blood going everywhere.

I stick it out as their limp bodies meet the floor underneath them. I ripped part of the first from one of them and tie it against my leg as fast as I can, ready to run away. As I get up, I notice that I can barely walk, much less run.

I notice another guard from the tower walking towards me. I can't fight so I use the only thing I have to keep me alive.

I put the bloody weapon at my neck.

"Bak op." I tell him as I press it harder into my neck. "I'm sure Ontari doesn't want me dead. It would be a shame if I slashed my throat as I did to your friends." (Back off)

He takes a step forward and I press it hard enough to draw blood. I can feel the red liquid running down my neck, mixing itself with the dead men's blood covering most of my body and face.

"Back off," I say louder, flinching at the pain I'm inflicting in myself.

He couldn't leave or Ontari would kill him, but he couldn't get me either or I will kill myself and then Ontari would kill him. He was in a position I wouldn't want to be in.

Out of a sudden, the man's throat is slashed and he falls on the ground as blood keeps spilling into me. I need a shower.

"Your welcome," Emori tells me as I take the blade from my neck.

"I didn't need your help," I mutter as I rip a part of my own shirt and wrap it around y neck, and another around my arm that was still bleeding.

"Really? What's your plan? Killing yourself?"

"Damn good plan if you ask me." I look up at her as I try to walk but take too long to get myself straight.

Emori comes to wrap an arm around me and help me walk but I push her away, swallowing all the pain and walking behind her.

"Where are we going?" I ask her, groaning in pain.

"John told me to meet him in a room down-"

"The falmekeeper's room." I interrupt her. "Go. I don't need your help."

"If they catch you, you die." She states.

"Why do you care if I'm dead or not? I killed your brother and left you to die in the middle of the desert."

"Cause I'm not you. Now come on before someone sees us." Emori grabs my arm and drags me as I tell her the way we should go to reach the room we wanted to.