forty-seven; ruler for the day

"We'll march towards Shallow Valley by sunlight

"We'll march towards Shallow Valley by sunlight. Gon Blodreina!"

What I said wasn't enough to change her mind. The eggs were in the rover and I had done everything I could to stop her. Clarke had killed the worms and Cooper in the process, with that, she would be executed.

I was in the main office when Niylah comes bursting into the room.

"Octavia's sick. Bellamy said she was eating one of the rations and then passed out. Jackson can't do dialysis." She says fast as she can making me get up immediately and run as fast as I can to where O was. "They're getting ready for you to lead on your own."

"I don't rule without Octavia." I burst into the room and see Octavia in a bed. "How's she?"

Jackson nods in deny.

"Will she live?"

"I don't know." He struggles to say.

"What the hell do you mean you don't know?! You're a doctor for God's sake!" I snap at him. "Bellamy. How did this happen?"

"It's like I told them. She was eating-"

"I know that. They told me. I'm not stupid, Bellamy." I snap at him as well. "Did you poison her?"

"What? Of course not."

"Save her, or you'll meet her in hell." I look at Jackson.

"There's nothing I can't do-"

"I don't care. If she dies. You die with her." I look into his eyes before storming out of the room.

"Inanna. You need to talk to Wonkru." Indra says from behind me and I nod. "We can't go to war. We need to negotiate and share the Valley."

"No. Octavia wanted to go to war. That's what we'll do." I look at her. "We're not sending the worms but we're taking the Valley even if it means to kill everything that moves."

I walk to the fighting pits and wait for everyone to gather around me.

"The rumors are true. Blodreina, my best friend, your leader, is ill." I say loud enough for everyone to hear. "Our doctor doesn't know how to save her or even if he can."

No one says a word.

"Everything she wanted to do, will be done. Don't fool yourselves. The only way to get Shallow Valley is by fighting for it. By going to war." I tell them. "Tell me, did Diyoza had mercy for Wonkru when her men shot against us?"

"No!" They scream.

"Or when they were trying to send us a missile?"

"No!"