Bunny

"Veronica, meet your sisters." Hiram gestured toward Mimi and I.

I was hiding behind my big sister, afraid of the big man.

"Hermosa and Y/N." I tugged on Mimi's dress and she immediately lifted me into her arms.

"Nice to meet you, little sis." Mimi gave the girl a small smile.

I buried my face into Mimi's neck, scared of the two people that brought us here.

"Sisters? Daddy-"

"Step sisters." Hiram corrected himself.

"They're going to be living with us." The scary woman added.

"Shh, it's okay, Bunny." Mimi whispered to me, gently rocking swaying us back and forth.

"Y/N, can you say hi, honey?" I gripped onto Mimi's sleeve when the scary woman called my name.

"She doesn't talk."

"Y/N, don't be rude." She ignored Mimi's comment.

"Don't, Hermione. She's mute."

"She can't be mute, she's four." She shot back.

"Mom, leave her alone. She's scared to death." The pretty girl with dark hair spoke up.

The scary couple let us get situated and the pretty woman let us sit on her bed.

I slowly pulled away from Mimi, looking around the room.

"How long has she been mute?" The pretty girl asked, watching as I pointed at my backpack that had my things in it.

"Go ahead. Don't make a mess." Immediately hopped off of the bed, crawling and setting up my toys on the floor.

"She's always been mute. It's not that she intentionally does it, she just doesn't know how to talk or speak."

I paid attention to my toys, silently playing.

"My mom used to say that children know things that we don't, that they have a sixth sense."

"Your mom... is she..?" Mimi nodded.

"She never got to meet her."

I rubbed my eyes, hearing Mimi call me over.

"Come here, Bunny." I grabbed my favorite stuffy, tugging him along with me.

She lifted me onto the bed, setting me onto her lap.

"Hi, sweetheart." The pretty girl smiled, gently pushing my hair away from my face.

I looked up at Mimi to check if that was okay and she nodded.

I crawled into the woman's lap, sitting and resting my head against her chest.

A small giggle left my lips as I put my hands over the woman's stomach.

Immediately both girls were staring at me.

"Y/N...."

"She knows, how the hell does she know?" The pretty girl muttered to herself.

"Veronica are you-"

Mimi stopped when Veronica put a finger over her lips.

"Yes. But you can't say anything about it, okay? Not yet." Mimi nodded and I yawned.

"Sleepy time, Bunny." Mimi reached into my bag, retrieving the item that I needed in order to sleep.

I immediately accepted my paci, my eyes beginning to droop.