Vampirism

Little Y/N Y/L/N was the smallest in the school, born severely premature and although she was 8 she could easily be mistaken for a first grader.

She was in speech classes with Toni who was trying her hardest to get her to talk, but it just wasn't working.

She also had her everyday classes with Cheryl.

There she sat in the back of the class, dressed in some overalls and a black shirt. Those all too familiar worn up converse on her little feet.

She had the same outfit since her first year here when she was in first grade, never growing out of it.

Cheryl and Toni couldn't ever remember seeing Y/N eat at lunch.

She would always go outside and disappear.

Y/N's hair was down in its usual waves, growing past her waist.

She was a very smart girl, good at math and science. But she always struggled with English.

She was meant to be homeschooled for prek and kindergarten, but clearly she didn't know how to read or write.

The little girl sat in her seat with her knees pulled up to her chest, her eyes on the window.

She was watching the snow fall, flinching and head snapping up when Cheryl's voice filled her ears.

"Hey, Honey. It's okay, Miss Topaz is just here to see you. Go ahead and pack up," Y/N took a second to understand, getting up and grabbing her things when she saw the woman at the door.

She grabbed her books and her bag, almost tripping over her own feet with how fast she was going.

Toni always took her outside during their lessons, something she loved.

She ran outside the second Toni opened the door for her, the brunette chuckling and chasing after the child.

"Wait, Y/N!" She smiled, helping her put her coat on.

It had a hole in it, the same coat Y/N had since her first year here.

Toni then realized that she had never seen a full smile on the girl's lips.

It was always just tight lipped smiles, she never showed her teeth.

They sat under the maple tree, Y/N playing in the snow.

"Okay, Y/N/N. Today we're going to be watching a little show. You like Sofia The First, right?" The child didn't seem to know what that was, curiously looking over Toni's shoulder to see the iPad.

Toni learned to use simple and small words for the girl to understand since Y/N was clearly not used to big words.

While Y/N was in her little class with Toni, Cheryl had just finished her last class and was going to call Y/N's parents for the fifth time this week to contact them.

Toni tried to get the girl to at least sing, but it wasn't working.

She had her fingers in her mouth, Toni instantly pulling them out when she saw the remains of blood on her lips.

"Y/N, hey. Baby, you're bleeding," she pulled her hand away, finding that she had cut her fingers somehow.

"Mmmm!" Y/N whined, bringing her hand back to her lips.

The iPad was long forgotten, Toni more focused on the child that was biting into her own fingers.

"Y/N stop! Stop!" She tore her hand away from her mouth, seeing a flash of those pearly white canines.

They were so long and pointed, Toni gently going to look.

Y/N immediately turned away, tearing her hand away from the teacher and stepping away.