Smile

Y/N never knew what love was.

She came from a broken family with broken friends.

The girl had just turned 22, still living with her mother who never let her leave her sight.

She was outside, going to retrieve some water from the well when Cheryl caught sight of her.

The red head had just moved into Thornhill, inheriting it after her mother died.

She was gardening with her girlfriend when she caught a glimpse of that beauty.

Y/N wore a simple white dress, a scar on her face made by her mother to cancel out her beauty.

The woman hated her daughter, blaming her for the reason she was growing old and losing her youth and beauty.

She saw Y/N taking it from her, growing so beautiful that she knew she would cause trouble.

So she scarred her, right across the face.

From her eyebrow to her chin.

Y/N's mother was a cruel woman, blaming the girl for everything.

Her father leaving them for a younger woman, their family slowly dying out one by one, everything.

But as Felica grew older, she grew sicker.

She was bed ridden with Y/N to look after her.

She cursed her daughter, using her witchcraft to bind her to the lands and at every given moment she charged at her to try to scar her again.

Y/N was still healing from the last incident, gauze wrapped around her arm.

The woman looked up when she heard voices, locking eyes with Toni.

The brunette gave her a soft smile, waving.

Y/N rushed inside, fear flashing over her features.

She knew her mother's spells let her know that she had just made contact with someone, which meant she knew Felica would punish her.

The girl hadn't seen another person since her father left, unable to get those beautiful women out of her head.

She poured the water into the pot, making dinner.

"Y/N!!" That ear piercing scream Y/N grew accustomed to filled her ears.

She flinched, putting the knife down.

"Get over here, now!! Bring the damn knife!!"

The girl froze, stiffening up at her mother's words.

She knew her mother could hear her thoughts, see everything she did.

She grabbed the knife, going to her mother's room.

She had her head down in shame, handing the knife over to her.

"Take off your shirt and turn around," the girl teared up, slowly unbuttoning her shirt.

"Faster!!" Y/N yanked her shirt open, tugging it off and turning so that her back was to her mother.

"Grab me that rag," the girl grabbed it from her mother's nightstand, feeling her place it to her mouth.

"Bite down," she let her tears fall, taking the cloth between her teeth.

She screamed out, feeling the knife dig into the skin of her back.

She carved sigils into her skin, a pentagram to furthermore curse her.

Y/N could hear her whispering spells behind her, the girl screaming and biting into the cloth.

She knew not to pull away or to stop her mother.