chapter 34

I changed Emily's name to Paris
~~~~

"Mom I can't believe you are here right now, I really wasn't expecting this surprise" Ava said to her mom as she led her over to sofa. Her mom took a seat then sighed.

"I wanted to surprise you cupcake, I haven't seen you in a long while" her mom said as she stared at Ava. Vincent wrapped his arm around Ava's small waist then pulled her closer.

"I'm happy that you are here I missed you so much" Ava smiled as she intertwined her fingers with Vincent then laid her head on his shoulder. "Where is dad?" Ava asked while looking around.

"Oh... he is taking care of some business like always" Zelda told her and Ava nodded. "I just wanted to spend more time with the family especially Paris... speaking of Paris where is my granddaughter I want to kiss those cheeks" Zelda asked.

"Oh... she's at my mom's house" Vincent chimed in after staying quite for so long. Zelda pouted and disappointment filled her eyes. because she really wanted to see her granddaughter. "Oh... I haven't seen her in a while and I really wanted to kiss and pinch those chubby cheeks. So when will she be back?" Zelda asked.

"Um... in like two to three days or so, Vincent and I were taking a short break so we can spend more time together" Ava told her and she looked between the two of them then smiled.

"I can't believe you guys are together, I remember the first day when your dad brought Vincent to the house and you were scared to tell him about Paris. Time flew so fast" she said and Vincent agreed to the last part.

"Mom how did you know our house was here, I didn't tell you as yet?" Ava asked when the thought popped up in her head.

"Oh yeah about that, I went to your house and I realise that Lilly was living there she told me your address, I was shocked that you made this move without telling me... I'm glad you gave it to Lilly and no one else" Zelda said as she folded her arms together. "It's like Ava doesn't tell me anything again Vincent" Zelda added and Vincent glanced over at Ava.

"I'm sorry mom, everything has been busy,  with work and sometimes with the family. I forget things sometimes" Ava assured her.

"That's okay honey" Zelda paused then look in between them, her eyes landed on the ring that was on Ava's hand.

"Mom can I get you anything to eat or drink" Ava asked and Zelda just sat their in shock.

"Oh my god you guys are getting married" Zelda squealed like a teenage girl who just got what they wanted.

"Oh..." Ava paused then looked down at the ring. "Yes Vincent proposed yesterday, we were planing on staying here for the day" Ava said then glanced at Vincent.

"Oh I'm sorry dear for the intrusion, I wanted to surprise you didn't know you guys were busy" she added.

"That's okay mom" Ava said and Vincent agreed.

"You can come and stay here anytime you want" Vincent chimed in with assurance in his voice and Zelda smiled.

"So what are guys up to now, I see that you guys just finished eating then have a bath so what's next" Zelda asked and Vincent shrugged.

"I don't know, we were planning on staying here and just relaxing" Ava said in a low voice.

"Nonsense... you guys should go out there and celebrate have some fun, you got time off from work so enjoy yourself, live a little for once in your life maybe go to the club" as soon as Zelda said club Vincent instantly replied.