chapter 39

Vincent's was about to wrap his arms around Ava and snuggle into her, as he was about to do so he realise that the space was empty and he was only hugging the air. Vincent's eyes fluttered opened and he looked around the room. "Ava" he called but no one answered. Sitting up he yawned then stretched a little. Standing up he ran his hand over his naked chest then pulled his underpants up a little. Vincent walked into the bathroom, picked up his tooth brush and put a little toothpaste on it. After brushing his teeth and washing his face he left the bathroom and went downstairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning baby" Vincent said, startling Ava as he walked into the kitchen.

"Oh my god you scared me a little" Ava said with her hand on her chest. Turning towards Vincent she pecked his lips.

"Happy birthday babe" Vincent said and he smiled. "I made you breakfast... your favourite pancake with whip cream, fruits and ice cream on top" Ava told him and he pulled her in for another kiss.

"I love it and I love you so much" Vincent whispered against her lip.

"And I got you this" Ava said as she took up the small box that was sitting on the counter.

Vincent took the box from her then opened it. He looks down at the watch with admiration in his eyes. "I even got our initials engraved on it" Ava told him.

"Ava I thought we agreed on not getting each other expensive gifts?" Vincent asked.

"I couldn't help myself it was either that or the car. Don't you like it" Ava asked as her face sadden.

"No no no, I love it baby look I'm going to put it on right now" Vincent told her and Ava looked at him. She smiled then wiped her tears away.

"There is no need to get emotional baby, I'm happy" Vincent said as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "You know what makes me even happier?" Vincent asked as he pulled back.

"What" Ava sniffed and Vincent placed his hands on her baby bump.

"I'm happy that we chose to have the baby's appointment day on my birthday. Now we'll get to see our baby for the first time, if the baby is doing okay and then I'll get a picture of the baby after the ultrasound, I can't wait" Vincent told her and Ava smiled then cupped his cheek.

"Yeah as soon as we have lunch at work we'll be able to leave for our afternoon appointment then we can go home and celebrate" Ava said then pecked his lip.

"No parties okay" Vincent told her and Ava pouted then rolled her eyes.

"Fine" she said as she handed him his breakfast.

"Daddy" Paris said as she walked into the kitchen with her toy in her hand and a big smile on her face.

"Look whose a wake" Vincent cooed as he picked her up "wait a minute... how did you get out of the crib" Vincent asked and he stared at her, she started giggling and Vincent chuckled.

"Paris, I don't want you to get hurt" Ava said with so much worry in her voice.

"Ava she's okay stop worrying yourself so much" Vincent said in a low voice and Ava sighed. "She's okay, now let's get ready for work.

"My parents are gone so their is no one to watch Paris so well have to take her to your parents house" Ava told him and Vincent nodded. I already had a bath this morning so I'll get Paris ready" Ava said and Vincent nodded. Ava took Paris from Vincent and he stared at Ava.

"I still don't like it when you carry Paris" Vincent told her and Ava rolled her eyes then left the kitchen while Vincent ate his breakfast.

"As soon as I get you ready we'll put something delicious into my princess tummy" Ava said as she tickled Paris. The room was filled with laughter and excitement. A few hours went by and everyone was dressed and ready to go. Vincent dropped Paris off at his parents house and they went straight to work.