chapter 42

It's been a couple of weeks since Ava had Kyson. Even though he was a quiet baby, when it's time for him to cry, he cries really loud especially in the night.

Vincent and Ava were both sound asleep. When Kyson started crying really loud, pretty sure everyone could hear even though thier room was sound proof. "Ava" Vincent groaned and her eyes fluttered opened.

"Hmmm" she hummed as she tried pulling herself up.

"The baby" Vincent told her as he removed his hands from her waist. Ava stood up then took few steps towards the crib. When she reached his crib she looked down at the crying baby. His little hand balled in a fist, his cheek slightly flushed, his mouth open and his eyes shut. As soon as Ava picked him up he quite down a little. Walking over to the rocking chair Ava sat down then wrapped the baby in the blanket.

"Why are you crying baby? Are you hungry?" Ava asked as she slowly rocked him. He began making cooing sounds and Ava awed. Pulling her shirt down she began feeding the baby. "This reminds me of when Paris was being breastfed" Ava said to herself as she stared at the baby. His eyes were still closed, his hands balled into a fist and his little mouth moving. Slowly brushing his hair with her hand she started humming

As soon as he was full Ava placed him back into his crib. As she made her way over to the bed her eyes landed on Vincent who was sleeping peacefully and a small smile came to her lips. Ava climbed on top of the bed and as soon as she laid down Vincent wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to his body. Ava was a little startled by that because she thought Vincent was sleeping. "I love you" he whispered against her neck and she giggled a little.

"I love you too" Ava said then pecked his lips. Not spearing one more second Ava fell asleep.

The next day Ava woke up to an empty room. Vincent was gone and the baby wasn't in his crib. Ava picked up her phone then glanced at the time. A gasp left her lips when she saw that it was 1pm. Quickly standing up she ran into the bathroom then brushed her teeth and washed her face. She couldn't believe she woke up that late. Ava thought that Vincent would've woken her up. Kyson kept her up all night and she was really tired. Looking at herself in the mirror she saw that her hair was all over the place. Ava ignored it then continued to do what she was doing. After she left the room Ava went downstairs where she heard distant chattering. The more closer she got the louder the voices were.

"Daddy" Paris cried as she tugged on his shirt. Vincent was a little confused because everyone was talking to him. Mom and dad was talking about the wedding, he was holding the baby and Paris was crying for him to hold her.

"Come here Paris" Dad called her and Paris turned to look at her grandpa with tears in eyes and a pouty lip.

"N- no pa" she stuttered while shaking her head uncontrollably. Ava think she stood there long enough so she cleared her throat as she made her way over them.

"Why didn't you wake me Vincent" Ava asked and Vincent looked up, he felt so relieved.

"Oh, you looked so tired so I let you sleep a little longer" Vincent said and Ava smiled.

"Why is Paris crying?" Ava asked and Vincent held the baby up for Ava to take him. Ava took the baby and Vincent picked up Paris and she immediately stop crying.

"Well as you already know she's a little jealous of the baby and otherwise I think she's sick" he paused "she has a little fever" Vincent said and Ava started to worry. "We can't let the baby get sick too considering that he's a newborn."

"Aww my poor baby, mommy will take good care of the baby so she can better soon" Ava cooed as she stared down at Paris, who rested her head on Vincent's chest. Vincent wiped her tears and her runny nose with a tissue.

"Did you feed the baby?" Ava asked and Vincent shook his head. "What!?" Ava almost shouted.

"He didn't want to drink from the bottle, I think he rathers breast milk" Vincent added and Ava rolled her eyes.

"Vincent you should've woken me up, I bet he's hungry" Ava said as she stared down at Kyson who was sucking on his pacifier while staring up at Ava.

"He wasn't crying or anything, just look how calm he is" Vincent said and Ava got angry.

"He's always calm Vincent that doesn't mean he's not hungry" she told him.

"I'm sorry" Vincent apologised and Ava sighed then walked over to the chair. After sitting down she grabbed a blanket. When she started breast feeding him she placed the blanket over his face.

"Okay now that, that's sorted out about the wedding" Zelda said. "You guys need to select a date as soon as possible. Me and your dad has to get back home. We have alot of work to do" Zelda added and Ava sighed.

"I don't know mom" Ava paused "if we get married we won't go on our honeymoon trip especially since we just had a baby and such" Ava said and her mom nodded. "What do you think Vincent?" Ava asked and Vincent scratched the back of his head.

"I guess we can put it off for another time" Vincent enquired.

"But your dad and I put our all into it" Wayne said and Zelda nudged him with her elbow. "Fine" he pouted.

"And since you guys have to get back home I think we can do it" Vincent added as he stared at Ava "right?" He asked and she nodded.

"Yeah we can do it next week since everything is planned already" Ava said and Vincent smiled. After Ava finished breast feeding Kyson, she burped him then placed him in his bassinet. He was full and his eyes were starting to close.

 He was full and his eyes were starting to close

Ava admired how small and cute he was. Her heart was filled with twice the amount of joy with her two babies. Standing up Ava walked over to Paris. "Come on baby let's get you some medicine" Ava said and Vincent spoke.

"Don't worry Ava she has gotten her medicine" Vincent assured her and she nodded then use the back of her hand to rest under Paris neck.

"She feels a little warm are you sure we don't need to take her to see the doctor?" Ava asked a little concerned. Grabbing Ava's hand from her side she was forced to turn.

"Ava she'll be fine it's just a little fever" Vincent said and Ava looked at Paris who fell asleep on Vincent's chest. "Just go get something to eat you must be hungry" Vincent told her and she nodded then left. "She really worries alot" Vincent added.

"That's apart of being a mother Vincent, they want to make sure that their babies are okay" Zelda said as she stood up.

"Understood" Vincent simply said and Zelda nodded.
••••••••••••••••••••
THANKS FOR READING

PLEASE COMMENT

AND VOTE 🙊