chapter 4

10 weeks

Ava woke up when she felt the urge to vomit, quickly getting up her head started pounding. She ran into the bathroom then vomited into the toilet. She groaned out loudly then walked over to the sink and brushed her teeth. Going back to her room she sat down on her bed then glanced around. A sigh left her lips, picking up her phone she looked down at the time.

"Oh god I'm so tired and I really have to go to work" she whispered to herself, placing her hand on her belly she laid back in bed, while staring up at the ceiling. Her mind has been all over the place from the last few weeks. She felt so sick nauseous, fatigue and having headaches and she wondered why "it must be a bug" she thought to herself. Getting up again she walked back to the bathroom then had a nice long thinking that she'll feel a little better. When she was finished she came out of the bathroom in a towel. She quickly got dress and went downstairs to get something to eat.

"She made herself breakfast then sat on the couch and turned on the TV. Resting her head on the couch arm, her eyes slowly began to close. A knock sounded on the door and her eyes flutter open she stood up and walked over to the door then opened it.

"What are you doing here Ryan?, I told you that I never wanted to see you again" she painfully whispered and he sighed.

"Ava please forgive me I love you believe me" he said with sympathy and she rolled her eyes.

"I don't have time for this bullshit I'm not feeling well now please leave" she said nicely but he refused to leave. She was about to close the door when he stopped her.

"Let me take care of you" he said and she shook her head.

"No need I can take care of myself" she paused then looked up at him "look if it's sex that you want well it not happening because I already gave my first to someone" she said and he seems unfazed.

"I don't believe you" he said and Ava looked at him in disgust.

"Leave or I will call the cops" she simply said and he smirked then left not before saying 'I'll be back' she closed the door and went back over to the couch. She continued eating her breakfast while watching the tv. Her phone started ringing and she picked it up then placed it towards her ear

■■■■

"Hey mom"

"Hey honey why do you sound like that"

"Mom I think I'm sick"

"Oh poor baby, I wish I was there to take care of you"

"Mom where's dad?"

"He's watching the game he told me to tell you hi and a get well soon"

"Tell dad hi for me too and give him a kiss, anyways I'm going to work mom"

"Ok sweety go and if you feel worse then go home ok"

"Ok mom love you and dad, bye"

"Bye sweetheart we love you too"

Ava ended the call, grabbing her keys off the table she left the house.
I wonder if lilly would be available tonight.

Ava went into her office and started her paper work but then she heard a knock on the door.

"Come" she said and her boss entered the room, he walked over to her desk and picked up the files that she finished working on.

"This is impressive" he said while looking up at her.

"Thank you Mr Dale" Ava said while looking up at him then back at her computer.

"Ava you look sick, a little pale if you might ask" he said to her and she shook her head "I think you should go home" he said.