chapter 26

The next day Vincent woke up then stared at the ceiling, contemplating whether he should go to work or stay home and work in the office. Suddenly he remembered that he was going to help Ava pack. Lilly was also coming over to help. Vincent sighed then sat up, after stretching a bit he yawned then looked over at Ava who was still asleep. Grabbing his phone from off the dresser, he turned it on then looked down at the screen. The missed call was from his sister. He rolled his eyes as he stood up and walked into the bathroom.

"I wonder why she was calling me this late," he said to himself. Picking up his toothbrush he placed the paste on. While he did so he called Ashley.

Vincent, why didn't you answer me last night?

I was busy, so what were you calling about?

I was at the hospital yesterday, I-

Wait, what happened? Are you okay?

□ Yeah I fell on my arm, I thought it broke but it was a sprain, no big deal

■ I don't care if it's even a little scratch you should be careful

□ Ok, so what were you doing yesterday? You always pick your phone up

■ Nothing don't you have something to do?

Ok ok, I'll just ask Ava then. Ttyl

Vincent rolled his eyes as she laughed. Ending the call he placed the phone down. Running his hand through his hair a few times he sighed. Something was bothering him but he didn't know what it was it was he just not in the mood. Walking back into the room he grabs his sweatpants then puts them on.

"Dada" Paris called through the baby monitor, a smile immediately came to his face. Leaving the room he walked down the hall to Paris's nursery. Slowly opening the door he peaked his head in and Paris was smiling while staring at him. "Dada" she squealed and Vincent ran over to her then took her out of the crib.

"Good morning princess," he said as he planted kisses all over her face. She giggled while trying to move her face.

"Mama?" She asked with her head tilted to the side as Vincent left the nursery.

"Mommy is sleeping shush," he said as he walked down the stairs. "Are you hungry or do you wanna watch TV?" He asked and she just stared at him. "Breakfast then TV" Vincent walked into the kitchen then placed Paris down in her high chair.

"No," she said with her hands outstretched.

"Don't you want daddy to make something yummy?" He asked and she started whining.

"No, no dada," she said while waving both her little hands around. She was about to cry so Vincent gave up then picked her up.

"Okay so I'll make something simple today since I'll have to carry you around" Vincent walked over to the fridge then opened it and took out the milk, place it on the counter. Grab some strawberries, an apple, banana, Avacado, grapes, and yogurt.

Okay so it's small bites of fruits and milk for you" he said as he grabs her little dish. "Paris, could you sit right here just let daddy cut these up?" He asked as he placed her down on the counter. "Good girl" he kissed her cheek then grabbed the knife. He moved over to the other table because he didn't want Paris to grab anything.

As he cut the fruits into small bites he placed them down in the dish. Grabbing another dish he placed the Avacado inside then crushed it so that it was soft. After he was finished he made a cup of coffee for Ava and himself and some cereal. "Okay let's get something into your little tummy" he took off the counter then placed her back into the highchair.