chapter 15

Vincent walked into the house with Paris in his arms. He placed her bag down then sighed "didn't you have a great time with daddy?" Vincent asked Paris and she smiled. "It's late and I'm sure it's pass Paris bed time Ava is going to be so mad" Vincent whispered to himself. He walked up the stairs to Paris nursery then looked around.

"Vincent" Ava called as she left her room and walk down the hall.

"Ava I'm sorry I came back so late" he apologized and Ava rolled her eyes then folded her arms.

"Are you serious Vincent its almost 10pm what were you thinking. It's way pass her bed time" she said then run her hand through her hair. "If she was asleep when you got here I would've said okay but she's wide awake" Ava whispered shouted and he gave her a small smile.

"I'm sorry, I went to the restaurant to get something to eat and when I was coming back the traffic was unbearable" he said and she sighed then took the baby from his hold.

"I'm going to get her ready for bed" Ava told him.

"I can help, I just wanted to spend as much time with her because I'll be leaving tomorrow" he said and Ava stiffened.

"You're finish working with dad?" She asked and he nodded.

"Yeah I'm going to get my stuffs ready" he said while scratching the back of his head and looking down at the floor.

"Good night Vincent I can handle her on my own" Ava walked into the nursery with Paris in her arms. Ava sat down in the rocking chair. Placing the pacifier in Paris mouth she began to suck on it while looking up at Ava.

Ava slowly rocked her back and forth while humming a song. Her eyes slowly began to close and Ava smiled. Ava couldn't believe that Vincent was about to leave. What is going to happen when he wants to spend time with Paris. Ava hates being away from her daughter and she was scared that Vincent won't be able to handle her by himself. Ava kissed Paris forehead then placed her inside her crib.

"Good night princess" Ava cooed, she left the nursery and went back to her room. Ava laid down then sighed. "I hope we can talk about it tomorrow" she said before she closed her eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vincent was finally packed and ready to leave. He was going to miss Paris but he'll make sure to visit her on the weekends they take her home with him. He wasn't sure if Ava will approve but he wanted to spend more time with his princess. Walking inside Ava's house Vincent looked around. Ava seated on the couch while eating breakfast and Paris was laying in her bouncer.

Ava looked up and her eyes met his, Vincent placed his bags down then cleared his throat "good morning" he said as he walked over to her.

"Good morning she said then continued eating. Vincent picked up Paris then kissed her on the cheek.

"Daddy is about to leave now princess I'm sorry I couldn't stay any longer but guess what daddy will be back next week and he's going to take you with him so you could spend sometimes with daddy" Vincent cooed and Paris laughed while pumping her legs.

"Wait! What?" Ava said and Vincent turned to her with one eyebrow raised.

"Did I say something wrong Ava?" He asked and she nodded.

"Vincent you can't just do that we have to make a decision on when you'll spend time Ava said and Vincent placed Paris back down then sat beside Ava.

"I was thinking that I could come get her every two weeks" Vincent said.

"So why can't you just come over and stay with her at this house?" Ava asked and Vincent shook his head.

"It doesn't work like that Ava I have work I can't be here" he told her.

"It's summer" she said in a obvious tone.

"Baby girl I work anytime" he said and Ava groaned.

"Fine you can take her but you only get a week with her" Ava said then folded her arms up to her chest.

"Fine" he said then stood up "good bye princess" he cooed then kissed Paris's forehead. He was about to leave when Paris started crying. Vincent quickly walked over to her then stoop down.

"What's wrong baby" Ava cooed then picked her up.

"You don't want daddy to leave, but I got to go I have work to get done" Vincent said and Paris stopped crying then stared up at him.

"You can go Vincent I don't think that's the reason she's crying" Ava told him and Vincent nodded then stood up. He was about to leave again when she started crying again.

"See she doesn't want me to leave I'll just wait until she falls asleep then I'll go" Vincent said and Ava sighed. Vincent took Paris from Ava then sat down on the couch.

"You have grown attached to me and I only been here for a couple of weeks" Vincent chuckled. "I'm glad I got your mom pregnant, not on spite though" he said and Ava chuckled then hit his chest. "If not we wouldn't have created something as beautiful and as special as you P" Vincent said and Ava smiled.

I'm going to wash the dishes I'll be back" Ava said then stood up. Vincent nodded while playing with Paris's fingers.

"I love you" Vincent said then kissed the tip of her nose. She giggled and Vincent's heart melted. "I wish I was there for you when you first got here but your mother hid you from me, not exaclty but whatever" Vincent face saddened but he started smiling again.

"Ahh, Ouch" he heard Ava whimpered in pain, he looked up then placed Paris down in the bouncer.

"What's wrong?" Vincent asked then stood up. Ava hopped on one foot out of the kitchen and one hand on her eye.

"Something's in my eye and I stubbed my toe. I think it might be broken" Ava said and Vincent held on to her hand.

"Let me help you" he whispered and she nodded. He lift her up bridal style and she squealed. Carrying her over to the couch he placed her down. Ava kept on rubbing her eye and Vincent grabbed her hand. "Let me see" he said then placed her hand down. He leaned forward then looked it her tear filled eye that was red and a little swollen. "I'm going to blow on it okay" he whispered and she nodded while staring into his eyes.

He brought his lips forward then blew on it, she moved back and he placed his hands on her cheeks then pulled her face forward. He blew on her eye again and she closed it then opened it "I think it gone thank you" she said and he nodded. They stayed in the same position for awhile. He was about to kiss her when Paris started crying.

"Um..." Ava said then pulled back "I think her diaper needs to be changed" she said then stood up.

"What about your toe?" Vincent asked as she walked over to Paris.

"I think I was overreacting I'll just walk it off" she said then smiled.

"Oh, okay I'm going to leave now" he said then stood up.

"What about Paris, I thought you said you were going to leave when she falls asleep" Ava told him then picked the baby up.

"She'll be okay just go change her, I won't let her see me leave" Vincent said and Ava nodded then walked upstairs. Grabbing his bag he left the house then walked over to his car. He placed his stuff in the back, went around to the drivers seat then got in. Vincent sighed, placing his seatbelt on then drove off.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••

THANKS FOR READING

PLEASE COMMENT

AND VOTE 🤔