Chapter 47

"Paris!" Janie shouted as she looked around the whole house for her. "I hate playing games with this stupid kid" she groaned. It's been three days since they took Paris from her parents. Janie heard giggling and she frustratedly groan "I don't have time for this, I have to get to work" Janie said as she pulled Paris out of the corner.

"Nooo let go" Paris whined as Janie pulled her into the room.

"You will stay here, there is snacks over there and if you need to use the bathroom, you go there" Janie paused as she made Paris sit down on the couch. "Watch some tv and behave yourself until I get back" Janie warned her and Paris just stared at her.

As soon as Janie left the house she took a deep breath "finally" she whispered under her breath as she got into her car. A few minutes later she got to work, she saw Ryan standing by the door and she walked up to him.

"Finally, you're here what took you so long?" Ryan asked while looking everywhere but her.

"The damn kid was playing hide and seek" she replied and Ryan chuckled.

"I don't know why you are so hard on her, she the sweetest thing ever" Ryan paused "wait, you left her home alone!" Ryan whispered shout and Janie nodded "are you fucking crazy she's a kid" he added.

"What I suppose to do, we have to go to work so we don't look suspicious" Janie said to him and he mentally slapped himself. "She has snacks, the tv and she knows how to use the bathroom, so she is good" Janie added.

"Okay let's go to work so one suspects us" Ryan said then pulled her hand. They both walked into the building, police were all over the place. "Fuck, just act normal" Ryan whispered.

"We need to get money from them as soon as possible" Janie whispered back to him.

"Excuse me, may I have a word with you two" the police said as he approached them. They both nodded in unison. He asked them a couple of questions relating to the situation and they answered as best as possible hoping that the police didn't suspect them.

"Proceed with your work, if we need anything we will get back to you two" the police said as he made some jottings in his book.

"Have you found anything yet" Vincent asked as he approached the police.

"Be patient, we'll get there okay" the police assured Vincent and he nodded while pacing around the room.

"I can't do this I'm going home" Vincent added and the police rested his hand on Vincent's shoulder.

"Yeah you should do that, get some rest, it's obvious that you didn't get any sleep. We will find you're daughter okay" the police said to Vincent and he nodded. Vincent walked out of the building then run his fans through his hair.

"Where are you princess?" Vincent whispered to himself. He quickly got into his car then went back home.

"You're back home" Ava said when she saw Vincent walk into the room.

"Yeah, I couldn't work knowing that my daughter is in an unsafe place" Vincent said as he walked up to Ava. He sat down on the bed then kissed the top of Kyson's head.

"How is this little one doing?" Vincent asked as he played with Kyson's hand.

"I just feed him, so he is full" Ava replied as she rubbed his tummy.

"Another day gone and there is still no sign of Paris, I don't get why they are taking so long" Vincent argues. Kyson started crying and Vincent looked down at him. "Come here" Vincent said then took the baby from Ava. "It's okay" Vincent cooed.

"Did you eat something?" Ava asked Vincent.

"No, I didn't feel like it" Vincent replied and Ava sighed.