34

"you don't have to sit next to him on the plane, i'll pay for them to switch your seat," Gray says as he handed the taxi driver some money, thanking him.

i sigh adjusting the bag on my shoulder, "what's the worst that could happen?" i pulled my suitcase along me as we made our way inside the airport over to the check in line. i really didn't want gray to spend money on me, i knew it wasn't his money, in fact it was his parents and i knew in the past they didn't mind spending money on me but it honestly made me uncomfortable.

he huffed in annoyance, "the worst that can happen?" he asked me rhetorically. "lei, he isn't afraid to embarrass you in public. after that stunt in the restaurant, you don't think he'll say something dumb to you on the plane ride?"

i looked into his green eyes, seeing true concern in them. i knew he'd be so much more content if i didn't sit by nate. we hadn't seen or heard from him the rest of the trip, and i would be lying if i said i was completely ok with seeing him today. i walked up the line and waited patiently. "gray if it'll make you comfortable, we can ask about switching my seat."

"it shouldn't be about my comfort it should be about yours," he mutters, as he faces away from me. "unless you want to sit by him. then by all means sit by him."

"gray," i say quietly as i step towards him and placed a hand on his cheek. "i don't want to sit with him. i'd really prefer to never see nate jacobs again, but if they switch my seat i want you to switch so you're with me and you let me pay you back."

grayson let out a deep breath and leaned his face into my hand, "i'm going to talk to the check in person, see if they can at least change your seat, if they can't change mine. so you don't have to sit next to that psycho."

i pull my had away and begin to walk up the line till we get to the check in counter.

"do you think you can switch her seat? it doesn't have to be next to me or anything, i just want her seat changed," grayson asks leaning against the counter.

the woman looks at the screen, "hmmm i can seat her and yourself in another section but you'd have to pay a premium price for the first class seat," she says looking up at us, with pity. of course a couple of teenagers, couldn't afford this.

"perfect," he grins pulling out his credit card from his wallet. "whatever it is put it on this, ok?"

she mouths ok, barely audible as she swipes his credit card. "uhm thank you, mr. rydell. here are your tickets and card, your seats have now been bumped up to first class.

"thank you," he says as he hands me back my passport and ticket.

i grab, grays hand as we walked towards tsa, as we made our way through the airport. "we should grab something to eat before we get on the flight."

he nods his head as he follows behind him, his lanky body slumping as he walks ahead of me. "what we in a mood for? pizza?" he asked narrowing his eyes to look at the signs. "starbucks? tacos?" he turns to look at me, "pick, lei. the world is your oyster." he teasingly says turning to face me as he stops walking, slightly annoying the woman who was walking behind us at our abrupt stop.

i gently let out a soft giggle at the lady who gave gray the dirtiest look, "let's go with sushi," i say pointing to the small sushi stand that was near the end of the terminals. "now start walking before someone yells at you." i playfully push him and start dragging him towards the sushi stand as we both smile at each other, with the most goofiest faces.

at the sushi counter we both ordered our food before sitting at a small table by the window. my eyes drift to the plane that starts taking off and prop my elbow on the table and place my cheek in my hand. it was relaxing really. watching the planes leave. it made me realize that i'd love to travel. japan was my next dream vacation. a place i had never been but dreamed about going after talking to my ojiisan about it.