26

( nate's pov )

i peered up from my phone screen looking at my father who had just entered my room without knocking of course. "you need to get ready the guest have already started arriving" he says noticing i was still in my pajamas.

i roll my eyes looking down at my phone again. "i don't feel like going down." i muttered looking at down at my phone screen, i had just figured out what schools gray had applied to. i wanted to ruin him, but it seemed impossible because he had his dad to cover up almost every single one of his tracks.

"did you and lei get into a fight?" he asks.

i look up from my phone locking it as i clench my jaw and firmly grip my phone with annoyance. "what goes on between lei and i doesn't concern you."

"so you did fight," my father says with a nod.

i roll my eyes looking away from him. i swear to god if there weren't people down stairs right now i would have thrown the phone right at his head. he had no right to bring up lei. he had no right to talk about her. i tried calling and texting her yesterday but she wouldn't answer anything. "i'll be up here."

"fine," he says finally turning around to leave my room closing the door behind himself. i knew i had fucked up with lei, but she was acting like a slut and i wasn't entirely ok with her behavior. just because maddy lied that we had fucked, didn't mean she had to run around and be a fucking whore and take that idiot to her room.

i knew it looked extremely odd leaving early on her birthday but i had to take of something. i really fucking like lei, but if she was gonna act like maddy i didn't need two of them.

but she was drunk. was she blacked out? did he rape her?

i got angrier and angrier with each thought. i stood up quickly from my bed and headed straight to my shower. i was going to get to the bottom of this even if i had to go fucking drag gray out of his parents house by his stupid, untamed head of hair. i undressed and quickly took a shower.

i felt hot, because of the anger that was building up in me from the scenarios. the fact that she went into a room with a guy who fucking treated her like shit angered me, especially since she was drunk. i wanted to protect her from that asshole and i didn't and that angered me. let me just add the fact that i stayed behind just to see if she needed me. but neither of them left that room.

she probably did need me and i wasn't there to save her.

i got out of the shower and quickly got dressed, putting on some jeans, a polo and some gym shoes. i sprayed myself with my cologne and fixed my hair before making my way quickly down the steps. mumbling hi to people who i passed.

i got to the door and opened it as the doorbell rang and see the stone's standing there, food dish in hand, some small gifts in hands. my face softened a bit. "oh mr. and mrs. stone," i say as i take a step back. "come in." i say surprised to see them. to further my surprise lei pops up from behind her parents and my breath hitches a bit at how beautiful she looked and also me being confused why she was here.

"hi nate," her mother says and embraces me in a hug as i hug her back. they didn't know?

no of course not, why would they know?

"nathaniel," her father says with a big toothy grin as he extends his hand.

i shake her father's hand, "mr. stone always a pleasure." i look to lei as i close the door. she looks like avoiding eye contact with me as she goes to embrace me. "can we talk?" i whisper in her ear as we hug.

"not right now," she whispers back as she pulls away.

she smiles a lot wider when she sees my parents. she walks over hugging both of them.