2

i looked at the time kat said she was gonna come at 8. it was already 8:15 she was late.

i was nervous.

i've always been a nervous child. anxiety ripples through my body, but i always managed it with my rigorous schedules. i always needed to be perfect.

i was always number one in my dance recitals, always, well not recently, but have been at the top of my class. i looked in the mirror as i reapplied the clear lip gloss on my pursed lips.

"lei!" I heard my mother calling me from down stair.

"coming!" i call out as i made my way down the steps. i see my mom at the door with kat. "hey."

"hey," i say eyeing her dominatrix styled outfit. she looked amazing.

"hey you can come upstairs and help me finish getting ready," i say as i grab her arm and pull her up the stairs and into the room closing the door behind me.

kat looked around my room, "ok so you are rich," she says with a laugh. "your mom seems really sweet."

"she's the sweetest," i walk over the closet, "help me pick out shoes for my dress." i was wearing a black body con dress that ruched a bit at the bottom. my black hair parted down the middle with a low pony tail.

kat looked around my closet, "wow." she said running her fingers through the clothing she pulled out snake skin patterned strappy heels. "these are perfect." she handed them to me then grabbed my gucci leather ankle boot with the strap. "now these i need."

"you want to wear them tonight?" I asked.

"oh my god yes!" she says before kicking off her shoes and trying them on. "you're my new best friend."

i smiled as i put on the heels, "i say we uber it, i'll pay."

"ok," she said as she put on the right boot and stood up straight looking in the mirror. and pulled me over to look at both of ourself. "we look so fucking hot."

i agree we did. she looked like devil herself and i looked like a fallen angel. we complimented each other even in our total opposites.

————

we got to the party and the music was already pulsating through the house. we walked up to the front door and kat opens it without hesitation and walks in.

bodies were everywhere. well not really but think about it in the perspective with someone with social anxiety. "you wanna drink!" kat called out over the loud music. i nodded my head following close behind her as we made it into the kitchen. as kat made us some drinks a tall blonde girl came to greet her.

kat and her talk over the music as i stood awkwardly next to kat. god i was fucking awkward.

"jules this is lei," i hear and i snap back into reality and smile at the girl. "hi, jules."

"damn you're like really pretty."

i look down and blush, "you are too." kat hands me the drink and i take a sip.

fuck. it was strong but not as strong as the mint juleps my grandma forced me to drink. still it was strong.

and i noticed everyone here was tall. i'm about 5'4 and i feel like everyone towers over me. fuck i'm tiny. never in my life did i feel so small. i hadn't realized that out of my nerves i finished my drink. kat took my cup and quickly made me another drink.