7

( nate's pov )

i woke up next to lei and seen she was still sleeping turned facing away from me. her dark hair against the white pillows made her look angelic almost. she looked pure and innocent, although i knew she wasn't.

i meant what i had told her yesterday. i knew everything i needed to know about her. it was bad but i decided to look into her past, her adoption was closed up to an extent and with my parents connection i got to find out more. more about the mysterious girl who showed up at east highland.

rosalia cristina romero was born at east highland hospital on december 9, 2002. her mother, ariella, was a fucking crack whore and when she gave birth to rosalia, she had narcotics in her system. the system failed the poor baby because they let her mother leave with her as long as she was with her grandparents and her birth mother went to a rehabilitation center. she was good for a little bit even got a good job working for the stones' but she became addicted to drugs and alcohol. she mentally and physically abused rosalia almost every single day. she had burn marks, and ligature marks all over her body. there were police record upon police record on ms romero, who i found out is in jail, for prostitution, assault with a deadly weapon and for possession of narcotics.

the last police report that involve rosalia was when she was 3 years old she was physically assaulted by one of her mother's boyfriend and doctors found signs that she was indeed raped. she was 3. picture a poor and innocent 3 year old, how could you harm her. it was disgusting. and if the man hadn't been beaten to death in jail i would have killed him myself.

the stone's took her in immediately after, ariella, was arrested at their home. they saw something in the little girl, when her mother brought her to work with her occasionally. they knew they had to do something to help protect that beautiful little girl. i didn't blame them for taking her. the stone's wanted a child so bad they took in the doe eyed girl, with a list of issues. right after they adopted her they changed her name to, lei kimberly stone.

lei was enrolled in, in school therapy lessons, along with speech courses, which i found on her elementary school records. she was at the top of her class every year winning award after award for her intelligence. she was fluent in 4 languages, spanish, japanese, italian and english and also knew a bit of american sign language. she won science and literary fairs, until her sophomore year of high school. then her trail went cold. i found nothing else except her expulsion from saint mary's for her decline in grades and her 'inappropriate' behavior, whatever the fuck that meant.

i gently climbed out the bed looking around her room.

it was all white, white walls, and white carpeting, a light grey/taupe bed frame. her comforter was white with light pink blankets and pillows. she had a vanity that the makeup was neatly in place almost like she hadn't touched it and she had some clothes littered around the room including my hoodie and shoes i had kicked off last night. her wall had posters of artist and bands and her wall was littered with polaroid pictures of her and her family, it looked like. you could tell some had been removed and a couple were new since kat was up there.

i looked over to see she had a walk-in closet and her own bathroom. when i made my way into her bathroom, i noticed there were little orange pill bottles on the counter. prozac and xanax prescribed.

i placed the bottles down knowing i couldn't blame her though, girl had a tough life. i walked out the bathroom and back over to the bed where lei had been sleeping.

she looked so beautiful and peaceful and yesterday i did want to fuck her, senseless but i couldn't when she said no. especially knowing her past.

"lei," i mutter sitting on the edge of the bed, shaking her gently to wake her.

"mmm" she mutters back, tossing on her other side.