20

i felt used. that's what this moment felt like. like i had been used and tossed aside.

i was mad. not because it happened but because that i sort of enjoyed it.

i fixed the straps of my dress and adjusted myself before walking out the door.

i felt dirty.

i walked back to the table were everyone was seated and sat in between nate and my mother

"where were you?" my mother asks.

i shrug, "in the bathroom, then i needed some air."

"i got you a drink," nate says motioning to the cup in front of me.

i nod my head, "thanks." i say flatly as i grab my clutch, pulling out my lip gloss applying it to my lips. i took a sip of the drink nate brought me. i needed about 7 of those right now.

"lei?" i heard from behind me and turned to see. i seen it was gray's mom. "oh i thought that was you."

i smile as i stand up, walking over to hug her, "hi!" i say as we embrace.

"you look so gorgeous! how have you been?" she asks as she releases me from her embrace.

"i'm doing great," i say. "is gray here with you?" i ask loud enough for nate to here.

"no, you know he doesn't do well with crowds and people," she says. "but i knew he would have loved to see you look this beautiful."

"yeah i know," i say with a smile.

"well it was nice seeing you," she says kissing my cheek before quickly greeting my parents. i had a seat at the table once again.

nate's jaw was clenched and he wasn't looking at me. i knew that just mentioning gray's name would anger him.

"she looks good," my mother says to me. "gray must be doing good." i nod my head and nate's leg begins to move quickly up and down.

i finish off the drink he gave me, "can i have a glass of champagne mom?" i ask.

before she can respond cal grabs the bottle serving me a glass and handing it to me. "i think we should all celebrate." he says as i take a sip. "this beautiful couple." i almost choke on the drink and i quickly cover my mouth to turn to nate, as i cough. the drink going down the wrong way.

he doesn't look back at me and merely raises his glass towards his father and downing the drink. did he tell his parents we were together?

cal turns to my dad, "i'm just happy he found lei, ya know? his ex girlfriend was unstable, and seemed to want to attract attention all the time. lei, seems like such an amazing girl and a good influence on nate."

my father nods, as the continue the small talk about how great i was for nate.

if only they fucking knew.

we had eaten out dinner, but i barely touched it and now it was time for the adults to go around and do the silent auction. that just gave me more of an excuse to drink. i went in my bag and grabbed on of my prescriptions. i went over to a waiter carting a glass of champagne grabbing a flute before slipping the white pill between my lips and taking it down with the alcohol.

nate found me a couple minutes later as i wondered through the people trying to avoid him. He pulled me to one side, "what the fuck are you doing?" he whisper yells at me. "lei, you should stop drinking."

"you aren't my dad and you aren't my boyfriend even though for some reason your parents think i am," i say squinting at him.

his eyes narrow, "lei you're drunk."