6

i hadn't heard from nate since our date. he didn't text, anything besides a simple goodnight. it kind of bothered me that he didn't try to reach out to me. or did he not feel what i felt? that tingling feeling? i guess not. i thought maybe because it was a holiday but i was just making excuses for him.

it was friday morning and kat and i agreed to do black friday shopping because i mentioned to her i never really did it.

we were at the mall looking through the racks of clothes. kat pulls out a cobalt blue corset top showing it to me. "this would look amazing on you."

i take the topic my hands looking at it, i've never worn items like this but kat did. i mean there was nothing wrong with it, but it was a different style than i was used to.

i had never gone through an 'emo' or 'alternative' phase. i never lived outside of my comfortable i mean until sophomore year. my outfits got a little risqué and i wore makeup all to impress a boy. i was a complete and utter idiot.

i turned to kat, "hey kat, when did you start dressing the way you dress?" i ask honestly and genuinely curious.

"a couple of months ago," she responds.

i nod, "i wish i could be bold with my outfits."

"get the corset it could be like dipping your toes in the boldness," she says to me giving me a smile. "you'll make it look chic, i know you will."

i nod placing the top in my arms. "ok i'll get it."

we paid for our items and walked through the mall bags in arms. as we were walking to the next store my phone started to ring in my pocket. i pulled it out and seen nate on the screen. "hey kat i gotta take this real quick, just go in and i'll meet you in there."

"okay," she responds before walking in and i answer the call.

"hello?" i say walking a couple feet farther from the entrance.

"where are you?"

"the mall."

"are you by yourself?"

"i'm alone right now but i'm here with kat."

"can i see you tonight?"

i gulp. i mean i wanted to see nate but i didn't want to. "uhm i guess."

"okay." he says before the phone line goes silent.

what the actual fuck? nothing else. god i hated him so much. i placed my phone in my pocket before making my way back into the shop.

"who called?" kat asked as i made my way back over to her.

"my grandma," i shrug, "wants to know what i want for christmas." i lied to kat once again. but it seemed like she didn't notice. i felt terrible for lying but when it came to nate, i felt like i had too.

kat and i left from the mall after hitting up a few stores and we picked up a quick meal at a local diner before making our way back to my house.

"you should try on the corset."

"you think?" i asks as i popped a fry in my mouth

"yeah, try it on with some jeans. see how you feel about it."

i shrugged as i went over to the bag pulling out the corset top before making my way to the closet to look for a pair of jeans to pair it with. i stripped and put the outfit on before walking out to show kat.

"uhm damn, lei you fucking hot!" she says standing up quickly from my bed. "let's go have a photo shoot!"

"dead ass?"