42

( third person pov )

lei held his hand as he pulled up to kat's house. "do you want me to wait for you?" gray asks using his thumb to stoke her hand.

she nods her head, "it shouldn't take long." she gives him a small smile.

he brings her hand to his lips and gently kisses it. "alright i'll be here."

lei nods and gets out of the car letting go of gray's hand smiling at him softly as he watched her walk the path up to kat's front door. she knocked on the door waiting patiently. it wasn't long before kat's mother opened the door, "lei honey, how are you?"

the woman could tell that lei had been crying, it was very evident with the slightly swollen eyes.

"i'm ok, mrs. hernandez just allergies, is kat home?" lei asks gently playing with the sleeve of the hoodie she was wearing.

"kat!" mrs. hernandez says as she moves out the way. "come in sweetie, she's just upstairs with maddy."

lei nods her head respectively as she made her way inside the home. "thank you." she responds before making her way up the steps to kat's room like she had done, time before. she gently knocks on the door, waiting for an answer. feeling a knot in her stomach beginning to form.

"what?!" kat yells without opening the door.

"it's me."

kat opens the door utterly shocked to see her. her mouth slightly agape as she seen the girl in front of her, it wasn't long ago she had called her and notified her of the events. "hey i don't know if you should be here?" she mutters holding the door closed.

"who the fuck is it?" maddy says as she walks up behind kat seeing lei standing there. "the fuck do you want?"

"i wanted to talk," lei says honestly. "just real quick."

maddy looks at her up and down, "about? what do i gotta talk to you about?"

"i think you know maddy," kat says in a low voice as she looks at her friend.

lei sighs, "we both know this is about nate."

maddy rolls her eyes, "if you want to chase after him go ahead i won't stop you. i'm not your biggest threat anymore."

she shakes her head, in response. knowing that she was done with the pursuit of nate jacobs. that she no longer trusted him. "i don't." she states in a matter of fact tone. "i want him to burn in hell. i didn't deserve that, and neither did you."

"but you thought you were different," maddy responds. "you thought he would treat you differently than me?"

"i thought a lot of things," she answers back shaking her head. "but never that. you were his girlfriend i was his distraction and cassie's his mistress." she looks at maddy, giving her direct eye contact. "you and i, we're different. you and i were better than cassie. if you and i work together we can fuck with nate jacobs, make him hurt."

maddy's jaw tightens as she looks at kat then back to lei. "come in, i have to show you something." she mutters.

she lefts kat's house later than expected the black luxury vehicle still parked in the same location she left it. gray sat up seeing her get in pale faced as she sat in the passenger seat. "lei?" he asks. she looked like she seen a ghost.

"drive." she says to him looking straight ahead. he didn't ask questions. he didn't need to do that. she just needed his support and he was well aware of that.

"his dad," she mutters finally speaking up but not being able to make out the words al the way.

"whose dad?" gray's voice comes out puzzled his eyes focused on the road. "lei?"