23

"you ok?" rue asked her voice low as she meets me at my locker.

it was the end of the day and i guess, i wasn't acting like myself, since rue was pointing it out. "i'm fine, just tired." i kinda lied to rue, as i tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear. "last minute party planning isn't my thing." i hadn't been getting much sleep the past two days, since nate left me alone on my birthday. he's also literally has not had contact with me and i guess he also had been avoiding me at school.

"just leave for the rest of the day and kat and i could go get some last minute things." her voice sounds concerned.

i shrug, "i'll be fine r-"

she shakes her head, "go home. get rest and kat and i'll go around 5 to get ready and eat, ok?" she grabs my shoulders to make me look at her. "just go sleep, lei."

"ok fine," i whisper to rue.

she smiles and kisses my forehead, "go home my child i shall see you soon." she grabs my jacket from my locker and handed it over to me before slamming the locker door behind me.

i put on my jacket, and grab my bag from her hands, "i'll see you later." i say with a smile as i make my way over to the side doors to sneak out. i yawned as i walked over to my jeep.

it was a quick drive over to my house, and i made my way upstairs to my bedroom. i undressed and laid down on my bed pulling the covers over myself. staring up at the ceiling as my mind wandered.

i knew nate and i weren't officially together but he constantly told me i was his. but was he even mine? that was the question. was he still fucking around with maddy? or was their someone else?

i didn't know. and it bothered me that i didn't.

why hadn't i cut him off, yet? i knew distance led to something more i was scared of losing nate. but it wasn't like i was in love with him. right?

i was lost in my thoughts when i drifted asleep.

i awoke to my phone vibrating on the side of me. the screen lit up my room and i see that it was a facetime call from kat.

"hello?" i muttered as i point the screen on my face, i see rue and kat on the screen both seemed annoyed.

"were outside! we've been ringing the doorbell for like 10 minutes!" kat yells at me and i quickly get out of my bed, pull on my robe, before making my way down the stairs.

i opened the door seeing kat and rue with things in their hands, "i'm so sorry i was asleep."

"we can tell," rue laughs as they make their way inside.

kat smiles as she walks into the kitchen and me and rue follow behind. "we have 3 and a half hours to eat and get ready and no offense lei you look like you need a shower."

i playfully roll my eyes as i look in the bags, "mmm chicken strips," i say as i grab the foam food container. i opened the container before i grab a strip and take a bite of it.

"so is your boyfriend coming," kat asks.

i felt my mouth go dry as i cover my mouth with my hand shaking my head. i begin to cough, "uhm, i don't have a boyfriend." i say walking over to my fridge to grab a drink.

"oh what about saint mary's boy?" rue asked raising up an eyebrow at me, she takes a french fry from the box and pops it into her mouth.

i grit my teeth a bit, grabbing three sodas from the fridge before turning to face them and handing them each one. "it's not serious." i say with a shrug. "i mean it might be over anyways."