24

i walked back over to the kitchen pouring myself a shot of tequila and quickly downing it. i felt the liquid burn as it went down my throat but i didn't care. it didn't hurt as much as what nate was doing to me. i grabbed a lime from the counter top and put it against my lips gently sucking on it.

rue eyed me from across the kitchen walking over to me, until she was across from me. "the guy from saint mary's it's nate? isn't it?" the words left her mouth slowly, like she was hurt. i knew there was some kind of tension between nate and rue but i had no idea what had subsided.

i removed the lime from my lips as i gently bite down on the inside of my cheek, nodding my head. "i-i didn't want to lie."

"then why did you? lei he's fucking crazy," she looked concerned as she examined my face. "i could've told you to stay aw-"

"rue we weren't even friends when he and i started. but it's over now. i'm done." it was like i was telling the truth but i wasn't sure if it was the truth or not.

"good," rue says with a small smile but she turns her head when she hears a familiar bitchy whine of a laugh coming from behind her.

maddy perez. of course the attention seeking bitch has on an outfit sluttier than mine. her makeup more out there than mine and her hair and face covered in rhinestones. i knew why she came here, it was just so she could outshine me at my own party.

"fucking bitch," i mutter under my breath. "why the fuck are you here?" i yell out at maddy.

she turns to face me, our eyes finally meeting. she sarcastically laughs, "to check out your lame ass party and to check up on my man."

i pointed towards my door, "then go fucking look for him somewhere else cause obviously he isn't here!" i say waving my arm around to show he wasn't here.

she crosses her arms across her chest and purses her lips at me, "do you know who the fuck you're talking too?"

"trust me i know who the fuck i'm talking too-"

rue cuts me off before grabbing my hand, "lei ignore her."

nate walks in his eyes looking to me than to maddy, "maddy what the fuck?" maddy looked at me mischievously grinning as she made her way over to nate leaning up to kiss him and he pushes her away. "maddy! stop it!"

"you weren't saying that last night!" maddy says to him before turning to me. "have you told her nate? have you been wondering where he's been, lei? he's been with me! i know about you two, i know everything!"

"that's not fucking true!" nate yells at her.

my blood is boiling. so i was right. i fucking felt stupid but i wasn't about to cry about it, well at least not in front of him. i wasn't going to give him or maddy that satisfaction. "get away from me both of you! maddy you can fucking leave!" i yell at the both of them.

"lei!" nate pleads stepping towards me.

"grab her and get the fuck out!" i say louder motioning towards the door.

"whatever. i'm gone," maddy says turning around, and walking away.

nate looks at me, like he was begging me to forgive him.

i grabbed the tequila bottle from the table and turn around, taking deep breaths. i took a sip from the bottle before making my way into the backyard. although it was kinda chilly people were still out there smoking, and drinking just chilling.

i wanted to cry, but i knew better than that.

"you wanna talk?" rue asks quietly as she stands next to me.