5

6:55

that's what the clock read. nate would be here any minute and i was nervous? yeah nervous. i hardly went on dates and i usually went on dates when my parents weren't here. both my parents were in town for thanksgiving, and now i had to deal with the awkward conversation why i was going out.

i looked myself in the mirror, white off the shoulder ruched, cropped long sleeved top and ripped fitted jeans paired with some platform ankle boots. i reapplied my lip gloss and made my way down the steps both my parents were in the living room. mom was reading a book and my dad was watching television, i noticed it was an old movie, my dad loved old black and white movies. my mom looked up from her book, "where you going hun?"

"out with a friend," i say simply as i grab my jacket. almost on cue my phone buzzed in my pocket, which just had a simple, 'in front.' text from nate.

"what friend," my mom asks as i leaned down to kiss her cheek.

"a kid from my history class." i lied.

my father stands up and kisses my cheek, "ok well be careful, princess. call if you need anything."

"ok papa," i say putting on my jacket and grabbing my bag as i made my way out front seeing nate's pick up truck with him standing on the side.

i walked over and he opens the passenger seat door for me. "you look beautiful." he says offering me a hand to help me get into his car.

"thank you," i say taking his hand to help me get into the truck.

he closes the door after i'm in and makes his way around getting into his driver seat. i put on my seat belt. "so where are we going?"

"its a surprise," he says simply as he begins to drive.

i put a strand of hair behind my ear looking out the window, where was he taking me?

i hadn't told anyone about this 'date' we had. not even kat. i wasn't embarrassed but didn't think i should share a one night out with nate. i didn't think it was important enough to share.

"did you have dance today?" he asks and i look over at him shaking my head.

"nope, not today."

"did you get my flowers?"

"oh yeah," i totally had forgotten nate had put the flowers in my locker. "thank you, they were beautiful."

"you're welcome," he says gripping the steering wheel.

silence.

literally a good 10 minutes of silence. it wasn't awkward or anything it was just silence until her pulls up to a parking spot in front of a restaurant. i unbuckled my seat belt, "don't get out yet." nate says as he got out his truck first. he made his way around opening the door for me, holding out his hand again for me to take it out.

i place my hand in his as he helps me out of his truck. i let go of his hand as he closes the door and he begins to walk to the entrance and i followed close behind. he walked over to the hostess, "i made a reservation for 2, under jacobs."

"of course, mr. jacobs right this way," the woman said and lead us to a table towards the back of the restaurant. nate pulled out my chair and i had a seat before he pushed it in. he sat across from me. "your waiter will be over in just a second."