19

i woke up in rue's bed room where she laid beside me facing the other direction. i remembered everything last night because i literally had one drink but right now i felt like shit.

today was the day of the gala, where i was supposed to be nate's date, but i didn't want to speak to him.

so i wasn't.

i climbed out of rue's bed and carefully collected my items to not wake her and climbed out the window. i looked at the time on my phone.

5:30 am.

that gave me enough time to go home and go back to sleep. i kept walking down the dimly lit streets.

35 unread messages from nate.

nate could kiss my ass.

i didn't tell rue why i was crying or why i was upset. i just told her that i couldn't be home or at kat's. i knew if nate wanted to he could find me at either of those places. i did however text my parents to notify them i was sleeping over a friends.

i knew it probably didn't look safe walking through east highland in the middle of the night but it was the suburbs and i was too mad enough not to care.

i knew enough about the gateways to abusive relationships and i was not about to get involved in another.

it took me probably 20 minutes to get home by foot from rue's and i made it back to my room. i took off all my clothes and laid on my bed falling back to sleep.

i woke up at 2 to a preset alarm because the ladies who were coming to do my hair and makeup were coming at 3. i sighed rolling out of bed to turn off the alarm before jumping in the shower. after i got out i took 2 xanax, and poured myself a glass of vodka to take it down.

 after i got out i took 2 xanax, and poured myself a glass of vodka to take it down

lei's dress

it took a while to do my hair and makeup because by the time it was done it was time for me to put on my dress, and my shoes. also i was feeling buzzed, i lost count of the drinks i sipped at white i got ready. i slipped on my fur coat before making my way down the steps.

"you look so beautiful," my mother said watching me move down the steps. "are you meeting nate there?" she asked.

i completely forgot about him, "yeah sure am." i say lying as we get into my dad's car and he drives us to the venue.

we stop in front where the valet was and got out the vehicle. i made my way up the steps into the building with my parents following close behind. i walked over to the coat check and checked in my coat before walking over to the table with the seating arrangement chart.

just as nate had told me we were sitting with his family. great. this should be fun.

i looked in the passing mirror fixing my hair, the stylist had did hollywood curls parted to the side, some statement, diamond earrings that dangled and a simple diamond necklace, with a tennis bracelet to match.