27

( lei's pov )

my mouth went dry as my mom and nate's mom looked at me in complete excitement. i looked at nate wanting to strangle him because he must have had something to do with it. yet his face looked just as confused as i did.

"mom we can n-" nate started.

i quickly cut him off, "thank you. it'll be a fun trip." i say with a giant fake grin. what the fuck was i supposed to do realistically? say no? and break his poor excited mother's heart. so they cancel it or give it to aaron and his whore of the week.

"great! i'm so happy you like it," nate's mom said ecstatically as she pulls me into a hug. i hugged her back and gently pull away.

"can i talk to lei?" nate says as he interrupts the hug.

i pull away and nod my head as i stood up, "i'll be right back." i say with a smile as i make my way out the living room with nate. we both were standing in the hall.

"lei. i swear i didn't know about it," he instantly says defensively. "but we don't have to go."

i shrug, "i'll feel bad if we don't." i sigh running my fingers through my hair. "your mom seemed really excited about it."

"if you're not comfortable with it we don't have to go. it's their fault for purchasing tickets for a trip, they sprung on us when we aren't together," he says rather coldly.

how do i tell him, that i wasn't sure if i wanted us to end?

i look away as i bite on the inside of my cheek. "we don't have to do anything. we'll sleep in different beds. you do you and i'll do me. take an occasional photo together. then tell them we decided to just be friends after new years." i says as my phone begins to ring in my pocket. i pull out my phone looking down at the number before ending the call.

"i guess we could do that," nate says with a shrug of his shoulders.

i felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and i pulled it out to look at the screen. "uhm look i agreed to secret santa with the girls today so my uber is here to pick me up."

"you just got here," nate says confused crossing his arms across his chest, his eye brows furrowing together.

i nod, as i walk over to grab my jacket, "i know but i need to-"

"you don't need to do anything," he shot back.

i roll my eyes as i grab my bag, "but i want to. i rather be with my friends. tell my parents i left." i say opening the door.

"lei," he calls out to me as i walk out.

i ignored him as i made my way over to the black luxury car with the tinted windows. "good bye nate! i'll see you in 2 days." i say opening the back seat car door.

"lei!" he calls out louder. i ignored him as i got in the back seat and seen gray in the front seat.

"drive." i simply say to him and he quickly speed off.

gray chuckles, "why am i pretending to be a uber again?"

"because i didn't want my parents to know i was leaving with you."

he looks at me through the rear view mirror, "no you didn't want him to find out you were leaving with me."

i roll my eyes as i shake my head. "i don't care if he knows." i say in a cold tone.

"you obviously do."

i scoff, turning my eeyes is really head to look out the window. "he doesn't mean anything to me."