16

i kept my head on nate's chest as i lay awake restless. we had sex last night, something we hadn't done before. after it happened we
put our clothes on, ate our ordered food and went to bed not talking at all what happened last night.

we had school today but i wasn't in the mood.

i kinda felt awkward in my own bed.

nate stirs in his sleep holding me close to him. "you're awake?" he whispered to me.

i nod, "yeah," i whisper looking up at him .

he leans down and kisses my forehead softly. it was sweet something nate really did before. he reached over to my bed side table and looks at his phone. "i really don't want to go to school today."

"neither do i."

"we won't go then." he says putting down his phone, grabbing my hand and starts to play with my fingers.

i nod looking at his fingers playing with my own. "do you want to do something?"

"like what?" he asks me and i shrug my shoulders.

"i don't know."

"want to go into the city?" he asks me.

i nod my head, "yeah why not." i hadn't gone to the city for a while and it seemed like an ok idea. where nate and i could be with one another without the fear of being caught by people we knew. i didn't realize how romeo and juliet this was but it was.

"ok let's get ready," he says to me.

we both get out of bed and both showered and got ready for the day. i sent kat and rue both a text saying i wasn't going to school because i wasn't feeling well. by the time we left the house it was already 11 and i knew we wouldn't be in the city till about noon.

we both got in his truck, with him helping me in first like always and then he started the drive to the city.

we sat in his car in silence as always, but today he did something different. usually he had his hand on the gear shift but today he decided to hold my hand, our fingers intertwined as his elbow rests on the center console.

he parked in a parking garage and he got out before making his way over to me and helped me out. as we walked out nate gently took my hand.

he lead me into a place and we both got seated at a booth.

i look at the menu and he clear his throat, "so, lei. the gala is coming up."

i nod, "yeah, what about it."

"do you want our families to sit together?" he asks as i peer up from my menu.

i shrug my shoulders as i place the menu back down on the table. "i mean yeah we can."

"do uhm wanna be my date?" he asks still looking down at the menu.

i bite down on my lower lip, raising my eyebrows, "your date?"

"yeah, i mean if you don't want to it's cool, but it's not like we'll see any kids from school or anything. and my parents really like you," he says finally looking up at me.

i nod my head, "i don't see why not." i say with a small smile.

"ok, well let me know what color you decide to wear so we can coordinate."

i nod my head, "i'm going shopping with rue and kat to get a dress tomorrow, so i'll send you a picture."

nate looks at me his eyebrows furrowed together, "rue?" he says.