the first glimpse

*Kamala and Doug go to Kamala's first doctors appointment together to see their baby! I hope you guys are enjoying this book, I am really enjoying jt! Enjoy! Love • Bree 👶🏻*

December 22nd, 2020 ~ 7:35am

Today is Kamala's first ever OBGYN appointment for this pregnancy!

Kamala is extremely nervous about this appointment because she is afraid that the pregnancy might not be viable or something is terribly wrong with the baby.

Kamala didn't really sleep well last night due to her anxiety, but she managed to sleep a few hours.

Doug has been reassuring to her that everything is going to be fine and that today is going to be a wonderful day.

Right now, Doug is in the drive thru line at Dunkin' Donuts, getting himself a coffee and a breakfast sandwich since he is hungry and he and Kamala didn't have time to eat before they had to leave the house.

Doug also got Kamala a hot tea to try to help her feel better and a donut as a treat.

Kamala is wearing a comfy gray t-shirt, her Howard University sweatshirt and a nice pair of black leggings while Doug is wearing dark blue jeans and a nice blue dress shirt.

Kamala lays her head on the window and Doug rubs her leg, comforting her the best he can right now.

"You feel okay, baby?" Doug asks Kamala softly as he continues to rub her leg.

"Mhm, I'm just so nauseated." Kamala says as she sips on her water.

"I'm sorry. I wish I could make you feel better. I love you." Doug says tenderly to Kamala.

"I love you too, Dougie." Kamala says softly as Doug drives up to get his coffee, Kamala's tea, his breakfast sandwich and Kamala's donut.

As Doug drives to the OBGYN's office, he eats his breakfast sandwich, causing Kamala's nausea to get 10x worse.

"Why don't you drink some tea, baby. It might help settle your stomach some." Doug says softly to Kamala.

"Doug, why did you buy that fucking sandwich? It smells so gross!" Kamala says as she opens the window some, so the sandwich smell can leave the car.

"Baby, it's just an sausage egg and cheese sandwich. I didn't know eggs and sausage bothered your nose." Doug says feeling really bad that his sandwich is making Kamala not feel good.

Just then, Kamala bends down and throws up on the passenger seat floor and Doug quickly pulls over the car.

"You okay, baby? You okay?" Doug asks Kamala tenderly, softly rubbing Kamala's back.

"Yeah... I-I'm s-s-sorry for throwing up in the car." Kamala says trying to not get upset but she does.

"It's okay! It's okay! And don't worry about it, honey. I should have brought a trash can with us just in case you got sick. You feel okay, now?" Doug asks Kamala and she nods, cleaning her face off with a napkin.

"Thank God I brought mouth wash." Kamala says, making Doug laugh.

Doug drops off Kamala at the doctors office so he can quickly get his car washed out.

Fifteen minutes later, Doug comes back and finds Kamala still sitting in the waiting room.

"Have you seen the doctor yet, honey?" Doug asks softly as he sits down next to Kamala.

"Not yet. She is a little backed up. But I think I'm next." Kamala says as she holds Doug's hand and squeezes it.

"Everything will be okay. I promise you." Doug says as he kisses Kamala's hand and Kamala's nods, laying her head on his shoulder.