the babies finally meet!

*Kamala, Devi and Doug walk over to the White House to see Jill and Joe and to meet baby Jacob! Thank you so much to my bff joebidenloving for helping me write this! Enjoy!

August 22nd, 2021

"Are you almost ready, honey?" Kamala says calling for Doug as she buckles Devi into his stroller for their walk and puts a baby blanket on him.

Doug and Kamala both decided to walk over to the White House instead of having a motorcade drive them over because they didn't think a full motorcade would be necessary for just a little visit.

Also, Doug and Kamala thought today was a very beautiful day to walk. The sunshine will be beneficial for all three of them since they haven't been outside much since Devi was born two weeks ago.

 The sunshine will be beneficial for all three of them since they haven't been outside much since Devi was born two weeks ago

*Devi, Kamala and Doug's outfits*

"I'm coming! I'm coming! Sorry, I couldn't find my jacket." Doug says as he kisses Kamala a few times, causing Kamala to blush and smile.

"It's okay, honey! You got the baby gifts we are giving to Jacob? I got Devi's diaper bag ready and packed." Kamala says to Doug with a smile.

"Yup! I got everything right here! You ready?" Doug asks Kamala and Kamala nods.

"I'm ready! Let's go!" Kamala says as she begins to push the stroller outside and Doug follows right behind, locking the door behind him.

Doug, Kamala, Devi and a few Secret Service agents begin their few minute walk to the White House to visit with Jill, Joe and Jacob!

"Your first ever walk to Pop and Nana's yay!" Kamala says in a babyfied voice at Devi smiling down at him.

"He looks cozy in there!" Doug says with a big smile.

"He sure does!" Kamala says as she kisses Doug again.

Doug and Kamala both happily smile for many photographs as they continue to walk over to the White House.

Kamala pushes the stroller with a sleeping Devi inside, covered up in a charcoal gray blanket with bears on it while Doug walks next to her, being protective of Kamala and Devi even though Secret Service is around them. Doug is also holding two baby gift bags full of presents for baby Jacob.

"You doing okay, Kam? You feel alright?" Doug asks in a whisper to Kamala and Kamala nods, smiling up at him.

"Mhm! I feel great. Today is such a beautiful day to go on a walk." Kamala says, blushing at Doug and Doug smiles back at his beautiful wife.

"It sure is! If you want me to push Devi just let me know." Doug whispers to Kamala and she nods.

"Vice President Harris! How is the baby doing?" A lady reporter says as photographers take many pictures.