tender loving care

*Pregnancy is tiring Kamala out so Doug takes care of her 🥰 I hope you enjoy! Love • Bree ❤️*

January 10th, 2021 ~ 10:45am

Kamala is ten weeks pregnant today, only two more weeks of the first trimester to go! But that doesn't mean that your nausea and tiredness goes away, but Kamala is really hoping she gets some energy back before Inauguration Day.

Right now, Kamala is still fast asleep in bed, wearing one of Doug's old t-shirts and her underwear. Kamala's isn't wearing a bra because her breasts are very tender and sore, just another pregnancy symptom.

Pregnancy has also been causing Kamala to have hot flashes so Kamala basically sleeps almost nude every night which Doug secretly loves.

Doug arrives back home from running some errands with Secret Service, which was a completely new and unique experience but it wasn't too bad.

Doug has some chocolate covered strawberries (Kamala has been craving sweets and fruit so chocolate strawberries are perfect), a bouquet of roses and a few other small things Kamala has been needing like Tums and nausea relief drops.

Doug puts everything down except the roses on the kitchen island counter before he places the roses in a purple vase and waters them.

Doug then carefully and quietly walks up the steps and entered the master bedroom where Kamala is still fast asleep. 

Doug places the roses on his end table as he smiles and admires his peacefully sleeping wife and he begins to slowly rub circles into her back to wake her up for the day.

"Baby... baby...." Doug whispers into Kamala's ear and Kamala begins to slowly stir, causing Doug to grin on how cute she is even when she is half asleep. 

"Hmm? Hi, Dougie." Kamala says as she smiles at Doug and rubs his face that has some facial hair stubble on it now.

"Hi, beautiful. How are you feeling?" Doug says as he rubs Kamala's hair out of her face and softly kisses her forehead a few times.

Kamala blushes and sits up in bed, still wrapped in the comforter and blankets.

"I feel okay. I'm a little nauseous but not like I have been. And I actually feel rested for once too." Kamala says as she yawns and takes of sip of her water.

"That's good! I got you some Tums and some nausea relief drops at the store. Hopefully they help you feel better. And I got a few other groceries for the week too." Doug says with a cheeky grin at Kamala and she smiles at how adorable he is.

"Thank you, Dougie. You are so sweet and so helpful." Kamala says as she looks over and sees the roses that is sitting on Doug's end table.

"You're welcome! You haven't been feeling the best so I need to step up and do things and I'm totally up for the challenge. You are growing our baby inside of you, getting groceries is the least I can do." Doug says as he rubs Kamala's right cheek and smiles at her.

"Aww, Dougie! You got me a bouquet flowers?" Kamala asks Doug, trying to not tear up due to her pregnancy hormones and Doug happily nods.

"Mhm! I did! Do you like them, honey?" Doug says as he holds the roses closer so Kamala can smell them.

Kamala smells the gorgeous red roses and tears up before she squeezes Doug into a hug and kisses him passionately.

"I absolutely love them! They are so pretty! Thank you!" Kamala says as she smells the roses again before Doug puts them on her end table.

"You're welcome! I got you some chocolate strawberries for later if you are craving something sweet." Doug says as Kamala smiles.

"'Mmm, they sound really good. Maybe we can enjoy them later." Kamala says and Doug smiles.

"I would love that." Doug says kissing Kamala softly. 

"Anyway Dougie, what time is it?" Kamala asks Doug as she stretches her arms and yawns again.

"Almost eleven o' clock." Doug says with a little giggle.

"Why didn't you wake me up? It's late." Kamala asks Doug playfully as Doug laughs.

"Because, you need your rest, honey. And plus you didn't have any scheduled today, so I decided to
let you sleep in. The next few weeks are going to be wild so I want you to rest when you can." Doug says and Kamala smiles.

"You are so cute, Dougie." Kamala says as she kisses Doug softly.

"I love you." Doug says kissing Kamala back.

"I love you too, Dougie." Kamala says with a cheeky grin.

Doug then softly bends down to kiss Kamala's stomach, making Kamala blush and smile.

Kamala's stomach has grown a little bit, but it doesn't look like a baby bump, it just looks like she gained a few pounds. Kamala actually hasn't gained any weight, she lost a few pounds which is common in the first trimester.

"And I love you too, Devi. Mama and I love you so so much." Doug says to Kamala's stomach, making Kamala smile and awe loudly.

"Such a proud Daddy." Kamala says already loving how devoted Doug is to their baby. 

"And you are a proud Mama." Doug says kissing Kamala twice.

"If they stop making me so nauseous and tired then I'll feel even more prouder." Kamala says playfully, making Doug giggle.

"You will feel better soon, I promise." Doug says with a cheeky grin.

Doug and Kamala have both already decided to name their child Devi, which is a gender neutral name they both really like and it is also happens to be Kamala's middle name.

The name Devi will easily work for both a boy or a girl, one less name for Doug to Kamala have to think about choosing. Once they find out what they are having, Doug and Kamala will chose a perfect middle name that will go with Devi.

Devi as a boy name means Gift Of God, while Devi as a girl name means Goddess.

"Are you hungry?" Doug asks Kamala as he plays with Kamala's hair.

"A little bit." Kamala says as she blushes at Doug playing with her hair.

"What would you like to have?" Doug asks as he gets up from the bed and foxes his hair that got messed up from his hat.!

"Can you make me some toast? I don't wanna eat too much. I find if I eat too much at once I get really nauseated." Kamala says to Doug and Doug smiles.

"Of course! Come downstairs with me?" Doug asks politely as Kamala smiles and giggles.

"But I'm really comfy and cozy in bed." Kamala says playfully as she acts like she is ready to lay back down.

"Pleaseeeeeee." Doug says as he pouts his top lip and Kamala can't resist that cute face.

"Fine, you win! But I'm laying on the couch!" Kamala says with sass and Doug smiles.

"Fair enough! Come on, Mama." Doug says as Kamala gets out of bed and puts some pajamas pants on just in case someone comes over.

Doug and Kamala go downstairs together and they spend the rest of the day together!