devi is one month old + heading to cali!

*Kamala, Doug and Devi all head to California to help Gavin Newsom during the recall election! Enjoy! Also, thank you to my best friend joebidenloving for helping me write this!*

September 8th, 2021

Right now, Kamala is packing Devi's diaper bag with extra outfits, extra diapers, extra wipes and extra bottles because she, Devi and Doug are heading to California to go to a rally to help out their close friend, California governor Gavin Newsom!

Gavin Newsom is currently in a recall election because republicans gathered enough signatures to trigger the recall process!

Kamala and Doug both sent in their mail-in ballots a few days ago since they are still California residents even though they live in DC right now!

After Kamala packs up Devi's diaper bag, jamming it full, she walks upstairs to get dressed and ready because the trio have to get to Air Force 2 in an hour!

Doug just gave Devi a nice and warm bath and he is now getting Devi dressed and ready to go!

Doug puts baby powder on Devi before he puts a diaper on Devi and then his outfit for the day which is a white onesie that says Vote with dark blue sweatpants!

*Devi's outfits with blue pants*

"If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops, so what a rain that would be! Standing outside with my mouth open wide! Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah! If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops, oh what a rain that would be!" Doug says to Devi in a babyfied voice causing Devi to coo up at him.

Kamala walks into the room, dressed and ready for the rally!

"There are my two cute boys!" Kamala says in a babyfied voice at Devi and Doug with a cheeky smile.

"Hi, Mama!" Doug says as he picks up Devi and holds him, before he kisses Kamala twice.

"Hi, Daddy! You look very handsome today." Kamala says as she rubs Doug's face.

"And you look hot as always Mama." Doug says making Kamala blush and smile.

"Thank you. This will be my first big public appearance since having Devi. I'm a little self conscious." Kamala says softly as Doug hands Devi to her. 

"Don't be self conscious, love. You are beautiful to me, always have been and always will be." Doug says as Kamala smiles.

"Aww, thank you, Dougie." Kamala says as she holds Devi and smiles.

Devi coos at Kamala and Kamala smiles at her baby boy who is officially one month old today!

"Hi, baby! Hi! You look so adorable today! Yes, you do!" Kamala says as she kisses Devi's cheek softly.