meeting grandpa (pt 2)

*Part two of Devi and Ivy meet Kamala's dad for the first time. Thank you to ReneeThornton8 for helping me write this! Enjoy and send suggestions! Love • Bree 🥰*

Devi happily runs over to the front door, while Kamala, Doug and Ivy all walk behind him.

"Devi, no running please! Don't run!" Kamala says as Doug chuckles as Devi runs even faster.

Devi giggles at his parents and little sister as he dances around in excitement, excited to see everyone,

"Devi, stand with Mama and Ivy while I open the door, okay?" Doug asks Devi nicely and Devi nods.

"Okay!" Devi says as he stands with Kamala and Ivy, holding Kamala's hand.

Doug opens the front door and sees Meena standing on the porch with Maya and Donald standing off the porch.

"Doesn't Doug and Kamala keep a nice little garden, Dad? It's so cute." Maya says to Donald and Donald smiles.

"And look at their Mezuzah! They made this one!" Meena says with a grin.

Doug smiles at his in-laws and opens then opens the screen door.

"Hello hello hello! Welcome! Welcome! Come on in! Make yourselves at home!" Doug says as he hugs Meena before helping Maya with Donald, making sure he doesn't fall coming inside.

"I can walk, Maya!" Donald says a little sternly, annoyed with all of the help.

"I know Dad, but I wanna make sure you don't fall. These steps are steep." Maya says with a sigh.

"Grandpa, we just want you coming back to California in one piece that's all!" Meena says playfully to her grandfather.

Donald sighs before nodding his head.

"You're right." Donald says while accepting his fate.

"MEEEENAAA!" Devi says happily as he runs to give his cousin a hug!

"Hey, kiddo! Hey!" Meena says with a smile as she picks him up and hugs him tightly.

"Hii!" Devi says as he gives Meena a kiss.

"How are you, buddy? You are getting so heavy!" Meena says as she playfully grunts and Devi laughs at her.

"I want my hug too when we go inside, Devi!" Maya says as she playfully pinches Devi's cheek, causing Devi to giggle loudly.

Meena, Devi, Doug, Donald and Maya all walk in the house together and Kamala and Ivy both smile at everyone.

"Dad?" Kamala says with a smile as she walks over to Donald with Ivy holding her hand,

"Hello, my sweet Kamala. It is so good to see you." Donald says as he kisses Kamala before giving her a tight hug.

"It is so good to see you Dad. Welcome to the Navy Observatory!" Kamala says with a big grin.

"It is such a beautiful home. I am so proud of you, Kamala. You are doing a wonderful job." Donald says as Kamala smiles.

"Thank you, Dad." Kamala says, hugging and kissing Donald again.

Meena puts Devi down before Devi runs over to greet Maya.

"AUNTIE!" Devi yells as he hugs Maya's legs tightly. 

"Hi, cutie pie! Hi! You have gotten so tall! When did that happen?" Maya says as she hugs and kisses Devi.

Devi playfully shrugs his shoulders at Maya and giggles.