a christmas surprise

*Kamala, Doug, Cole and Ella all celebrate Christmas together as a family. Enjoy! Love • Bree 🎄*

December 25th, 2020

Today is Christmas Day in the Harris-Emhoff household!

Kamala and Doug weren't able to fly to California where their families live due to their busy schedules with the inauguration coming up in a few weeks.

However, Doug's two children Cole and Ella were able to fly in to Washington DC to celebrate Christmas with them and also spend a few days together as a family!

Christmas morning has been a pretty relaxing one so far for the four of them!

Kamala, Doug, Cole and Ella all got up and out of bed by eight o' clock, ate breakfast and they just finished opening up presents.

Cole and Ella are both sitting on the floor cleaning up their messes they made while opening presents, while Kamala and Doug are cuddling on the couch.

"Thank you so much for everything, Momala and Dad! I love everything!" Ella says with a cheeky smile, hugging Kamala and her dad.

"Thank you, Dad and Momala!" Cole says as he also hugs Kamala and his dad.

"You're welcome! Kamala and I are both so happy you two were able to fly to visit with us. We have missed you guys!" Doug says as he wraps his arm around Kamala.

Kamala lays her head on Doug's shoulder already wanting to take a nap. Pregnancy is really tiring especially the first trimester.

"We really have missed you guys! It has been a wild few months! We survived a crazy president election, won it and we are also surviving in a pandemic!" Kamala says as she smiles at Doug and Doug smiles back at her before kissing her forehead.

"It sure has been! I can't wait for 2020 to be over!" Ella says, making Cole, Kamala and Doug all laugh loudly.

"2020 has been an absolute mess. 2021 is going to be a lot better with you in office, Momala." Cole says, making Kamala blush and smile at him.

"Aww, thank you Cole. Hopefully soon everyone can get their Covid vaccines like your dad and I have and this pandemic can finally end. 2021 is going to be an interesting and exciting year for all of us." Kamala says to Cole as she looks at Doug and winks, causing Doug to smile ear to ear.

"Oh guys, Kamala and I have one more Christmas present for you both! Let me go get it!" Doug says as he leaves the living room and goes into the master bedroom where the special presents for Cole and Ella are!

"What is it! I hope it isn't nothing crazy!" Cole says as he fixes his hair that was a little messed up.

"Watch it be one of those boxes with nothing in it!" Ella says causing Kamala to chuckle.

"It's something unexpected let's just say that. But it's a good thing that is happening." Kamala says as she smiles at Doug coming in with two envelopes.

"Ella, this one is for you! And Cole, this one is for you!" Doug says handing the envelopes to Ella and then Cole.

Cole playfully shakes his envelope, wondering what's inside while Ella tries to see if she can see what's inside without opening it with fail.