spending time with friends!

*Kamala, Doug and Devi are visited by friends from the senate and the house! Thank you so much to ReneeThornton8 for this suggestion! Enjoy! 🤍

January 5th

Today has been relaxing but busy Wednesday at the Emhoff-Harris household at the Naval Observatory!

Kamala and Doug had a few early morning Zoom meetings, Doug had a few phone calls and interviews and Kamala had her regular morning meeting at the White House with Joe!

However, this afternoon Kamala and Doug don't have anything planned or much to do except spend it with their almost five month old son, Devi!

Kamala and Doug's friends from the senate Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, Amy Koblachar and Chuck Schumer as well as Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi are coming over to spend time and catch up with Kamala, Doug and Devi!

Kamala has been really close friends with Cory, Elizabeth, Kirsten, Amy, Chuck and Nancy, since she has known them when she became a senator in 2017!

Elizabeth, Cory, Kirsten, Amy, Chuck and Nancy all have Christmas presents for Devi! Due to everyone traveling for the holidays and Cory and Elizabeth having covid, they haven't been able to meet with Kamala, Devi and Doug until today!

Right now, Kamala is cleaning up around the house some while Doug has been cleaning the bathrooms and the master bedroom.

"When is everyone coming over to hang out, baby?" Doug asks Kamala as he walks over to Kamala and squeezing her into a hug, causing Kamala to smile and giggle.

"They should be here within the next fifteen minutes!" Kamala says with a big cheeky grin as she hugs Doug back and kisses him a few times.

"I love you, Kam. I love you, Devi and our baby girl so so much." Doug says softly Kamala, causing her to blush and smile.

"Aww, you are sweet! And I love you too, Dougie." Kamala says with a cheeky grin at Doug, rubbing his cheeks and kissing him again.

"Is Devi still asleep? When I was upstairs cleaning the bathrooms and our bedroom he still was." Doug says to Kamala and Kamala grabs the baby monitor to check on Devi.

Kamala and Doug both happily look at the baby monitor and they see Devi peacefully still taking his early afternoon nap. Devi is laying on his back with a green pacifier in his mouth.

"He has been sleeping for a while now. Do you think he is okay?" Doug asks in some worry which Kamala finds extremely cute since Doug is very protective of everyone he loves.

Kamala is a first time parent with Devi while Doug is a third time parent and should know all of these things, but he has forgotten a lot of things since both of his kids are in their 20's now.

"He is good! Don't worry. He is in another growth spurt according to this baby app on my phone. He will be awake soon, I can tell because by how much he is moving around right now." Kamala says to Doug and Doug smiles.

"You know I am a worrywart sometimes." Doug says as softly his cheeks blush.

"I know you are and you are so adorable. But I promise you he is okay. Devi is just having a growth spurt and needs more sleep." Kamala says with a smile as she hugs Doug again.

Kamala and Doug continue to clean the house and hang out while they wait for Elizabeth, Cory, Kirsten, Amy, Chuck and Nancy to arrive!

*****
The Naval Observatory door bell rings twice and Kamala happily gets up from the couch and walks over to the front door!