senate + house friends visiting!

*Kamala and Doug have a relaxing day at home with baby Devi and Major and some of Kamala friends from the house and senate visit! Thank you so much to my best friend joebidenloving for helping me write this! Enjoy!*

August 16th, 2021

Today has been a relaxing Monday so far for Kamala, Doug and Devi! Devi turned a week old the previous day which Kamala and Doug celebrated!

Kamala, Doug and Devi have been mostly relaxing together, doing regular household chores like laundry and washing dishes while also taking care of Devi when he needs to be fed or changed.

Kamala and Doug have also been dog sitting Joe and Jill's dog Major while they are at the hospital. Joe and Jill should be coming home with their baby boy Jacob later this week.

Right now, Doug is feeding Devi his bottle while Major lays by Doug's feet, missing his parents.

"Once I'm finished feeding Devi, we can play catch." Doug says as he pets Major's head, causing Major tail to wag.

Kamala walks into the living room, wearing a fancy looking t-shirt and a pair of maternity jeans that still fit her, even though they are a little baggier on her now.

"Hi, beautiful! You look so nice today!" Doug says as his face lights up at the sight of Kamala.

"Hi, handsome! And thank you! We are going to have some visitors come to meet Devi today, so I figured I need to get out of my sweats!" Kamala says as she kisses Doug before softly kissing Devi's forehead.

Devi finishes his bottle and Doug begins to burp him on his shoulder.

"That sounds like fun! Who is coming over?" Doug asks Kamala.

"Cory, Amy, Kirsten, Nancy and Chuck!" Kamala says happily as she bends down to pet Major, giving him some much needed attention and love.

"That sounds fun, honey! You haven't seen any of them in a while." Doug says to Kamala and Kamala nods.

"You are such a good boy, Major! Yes, you are! I know you miss your Daddy and Mommy, I know." Kamala says softly as she rubs Major's head.

"He is a good boy. The press gives Major such a bad rap for no reason." Doug says to Kamala and she nods, continuing to pet the German Shepherd.

"And yeah, it's going to be fun to see everyone! I haven't seen Cory, Amy, Kirsten or Chuck in a month or so!" Kamala says to Doug and Doug sits up on the couch.

"Oh that's fun, babe. We'll get to introduce Devi to his Uncle Coco, Auntie Kirsten, Auntie Elizabeth, Auntie Amy, Auntie Nancy and Uncle Chuck!" Doug says as he stands up and rocks a now sleepy Devi.

Kamala smiles and admires her two favorite boys together. Kamala still can't believe she is even a mom to a beautiful and healthy baby boy.

"When are they coming over? And do you need me to help prepare anything?" Doug asks Kamala as he softly strokes Devi's cheek as Devi falls asleep in his arms.

"I think Nancy and Chuck are coming to visit us first, since they have a few meetings to go to this afternoon. Nancy told me she and Chuck will be here in about an hour. Cory, Amy, Kirsten and Elizabeth will come visit us after that. And no, I think Cory is bringing all of us food, you know how he is with his food." Kamala says with a chuckle as Major lays his head on Kamala's lap.

"Okay baby, just tell me if you need anything from me. I'm gonna go and put Devi in his crib so he can have a nap before they come over." Doug walks to Devi's nursery and places him in his crib.