planning the boys' birthday

*Kamala and Jill plan the boys first birthday party while Jacob and Devi have a play date! Thank you ReneeThornton8 for helping me write this! Enjoy! 💙💙

August 6th, 2022

It has been a relaxing afternoon so far at the Naval Observatory!

Doug is currently out running errands while Kamala, Jill, Ivy, Devi and Jacob are all hanging out together!

Devi and Jacob have been playing together and watching episodes of Sesame Street or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while Jill and Kamala are sitting in the dining room planning the boys' first birthday party - which is next weekend!

For the past few days, Jill and Jacob have been staying with Kamala and Doug because Joe tested positive for Covid once again, a rebound case.

Luckily, Joe doesn't have any symptoms this time around but he wants to make sure Jill and Jacob stay safe.

Jill and Jacob both really miss being home with Joe, Major, Willow and Commander but they are enjoying spending lots of one on one time with Doug, Kamala, Devi and baby Ivy.

Kamala finds an episode of Sesame Street for the boys to listen to while they play and get sleepy for their nap, which is very soon.

"Look Devi! Look, Jakey! There's Elmo and Big Bird!" Kamala says in a babyfied voice at the boys and they giggle loudly.

Ivy is in Jill's arms finishing up her afternoon bottle.

"Hi, Ivy. Hi, sweet girl. Nana loves you so much." Jill says as she kisses Ivy on the forehead.

"She looks so content with you, Jill." Kamala says to her with a smile.

"I know. She's such a good baby. Reminding me of Ashley's baby days all over again." Jill says while thinking about her daughter.

"You're gonna have two one year old twin granddaughters over a month from today. How do you feel?" Kamala asks Jill.

"I can't believe how fast time has gone. Devi and Jacob are almost one, Bonny and Eugenia are about to be one, Naomi is getting married soon. A lot of happy things are happening for our family that's for sure." Jill says with a big grin as she gently burps Ivy on her shoulder.

"Doug and I both want to help Cole and Greenley with their wedding. It's going to be fun!" Kamala says as she takes her portable breast pump off.

"Aww, I'm so happy for them. I know you two and Kirsten are going to make their wedding so wonderful and perfect for them." Jill says to Kamala.

"My goodness! Look at all of that breastmilk! Ivy is a lucky girl." Jill says as she continues to pat Ivy's back causing her to finally burp. 

"Tell me about it! I swear, I feel like I'm a cow that constantly needs milked. I feel like I didn't pump this much when Devi was born." Kamala says with a chuckle as she places the breastmilk in a bag before putting it in the freezer.

"Sit down and relax, you have been up and moving around all morning long, you need to rest. You had a baby ten days ago." Jill says motherly to Kamala.

"I get it. My mom would probably say that I'm too stubborn for my own good." Kamala says, causing both her and Jill to giggle.

"Oh my mom said the same thing too about me. But I want you to rest up whenever you can, especially with Jakey and I here. I'm here to help." Jill says as Kamala smiles.

"Aw, Jill. I really appreciate it. The help with Devi has been so helpful ever since Maya went home. Devi loves his Nana and Jakey so much. And I am really enjoying spending this one on one time with you." Kamala says to Jill.