is it time?

*Kamala's due date is in a few days. She begins to feel signs of labor. Is it baby time? 💙

August 7th, 2021

Today has been a busy day for Kamala and Doug! Jill and Joe went to Camp David to spend a week with their grandchildren, so Kamala and Doug are in charge of a lot of things!

Doug has been busy all day, mostly doing press things, telling everybody to get vaccinated and to have a safe test of the summer!

While Kamala has been doing a lot of talking with cabinet and public officials and staff!

Kamala just had a two hour long meeting with the rest of the presidential cabinet, talking about many issues like Covid, the Afghanistan war, upcoming elections and other topics!

Kamala begins to feel some slight pains every thirty to forty minutes. It doesn't hurt too much but she notices them and it is uncomfortable for a few seconds.

All of the moms in Kamala's life have told her what labor felt like to them, their labor and delivery experiences and Kamala thinks this might be it for her!

Kamala due date with Devi is in a few days, so this could be it and not false labor. Kamala's doctor also don't want her to go over due to risk of preeclampsia and her age.

Kamala vividly remembers Maya going to the hospital five times, thinking it was baby time with Meena but it wasn't.

Kamala finishes her work for the day and gets ready to head home!

5pm
Kamala is finally home after a long and busy day with work and Doug is patiently waiting for her in the living room. He is changed out of his suit and is wearing black Nike jogger sweats and an old t-shirt.

"Hi, beautiful! How was your day?" Doug asks Kamala as he walks over to her, bringing her into a big hug and kisses her deeply.

Doug and Kamala softly kiss each other for a few minutes before looking into each other's eyes, smiling at each other and rubbing each others cheeks.

"It was super busy and long! Got a lot accomplished though which is always good! I can't wait to relax some!" Kamala says with a big smile at Doug.

"Me too!" Doug says as he tenderly kisses Kamala's cheek and then Kamala holds onto Doug's arms as she has another contraction.

"You okay? What's wrong?" Doug says as he rubs Kamala's arms softly and Doug makes her sit down on the couch.

Kamala breathes through the small contraction, before speaking to Doug.

"I have been having contractions since I was in that two hour meeting today. Like every thirty minutes or so. I have drank a bunch of water because Google says it stops them if they are Braxton Hicks ones and they haven't stopped." Kamala says as Doug's face lights up.

Doug knows what to expect with labor and delivery since he has been through two labor and deliveries before with his ex-wife, Kerstin.

"Oh my gosh, really?" Doug asks with excitement Kamala and she nods.

"Mhm. Do you think this could be it?" Kamala asks Doug softly.

"I think it could be! It's not like you have had contractions all through out your pregnancy like some women do. You feel okay?" Doug asks Kamala and Kamala nods.