Chapter 6

Tony had made spaghetti and meatballs for lunch which he used to make when I was a kid. I absolutely loved it, it was my favorite and he knew it.

I turned to him with tears in my eyes and he saw it. He quickly dropped his spoon and fork and leaned in to give me a hug, because he knew why I was about to cry.

When he pulled me into the hug, I broke down and started crying in front of everyone.
Everyone was looking at me when I pulled away from Tony and I can feel my anxiety going through the roof.

I turned towards Nat and said:
Me: Wow.... It's really hot in here, I'm sweating!!

Nat quickly recognized why I said that and got up and said to everyone "I'm sorry but I just remembered something very important that I need to do. Y/N, would you mind helping me with it?
Me: Of course Agent Romanoff.... Anything you need....

I quickly got up and Nat grabbed my hand pulling me out of the room.
I thought it was very nice of her to do that, because she was hungry before lunch and she hadn't finished it yet.

She didn't let go of my hand until we reached her room.
We entered and she closed it behind her.
N: Do you wanna talk about it?

With tears still in my eyes, I nodded my head and started explaining it to her
Me: When I was a kid, Tony made me spaghetti and meatballs every night, because it is my favorite. I haven't had it since I was 14, and when I ate it all my emotions got the best of me and I started to tear up. He knew what I was thinking and gave me a hug. When he did that I broke down in his arms and when we pulled away, everyone was looking at me so I got really anxious and overwhelmed. That is when I turned to you and you got me out of there.

She quickly came up to me and hugged me for a long time until I calmed down.
She then pulled away and asked:
N: Do you want me to get the food so we can eat it here just you and me?

I smiled at her kind gesture and nodded my head.

*NAT's POV*

I left the room and texted Tony to prepare us some plates and take them out of the kitchen so no one would see.

After a couple of minutes, Tony came out of the kitchen and handed me the dinner plates.
T: Thank you Nat for taking care of her. You are the only person besides me that she has opened up to. She doesn't feel comfortable around people and gets really bad anxiety. Just please don't hurt her in any way.
N: Don't worry Tony, I won't hurt her. I actually think I'm developing a crush on her but don't mention it to anyone. She told me about her past and I can help her. Don't worry about her when she is with me.
T: She told you about her past? Do you know why she cried at lunch? (Tony asked confused)
N: Not a lot but she did tell me why she cried during lunch. And before we came in, we decided on a code word so that if it gets too much for her, I would take her out of the situation. I actually didn't have an important thing I needed help with. I just had to take her out of there.
T: Thank you Nat for everything you're doing. And don't worry, I won't mention anything to anyone. Besides, I think she has a crush on you as well. I see a sparkle in her eyes when she is talking with you that I haven't seen in a very long time.
N: Thank you Tony. I'll see you later. Let me take the food to her so that it doesn't get cold.
T: Ok.