Chapter 44

*Pepper's POV*

So Y/N and Nat are out of the compound which gives Tony and I time to prepare everything we need on the roof.
We placed some LED pixie lights on the walls, an air mattress with a lot of pillows on it, a bed side table with their favorite snacks and drinks on it and a projector above/behind the bed that is connected to the laptop which is next to the bed.
I knew they would love it.
So now, Tony and I are just waiting for them to come home, so that we can get started on the balloons and decorations.

*Y/N's POV *

Nat and I had a couple of drinks and decided to head back to the compound.
She had couple more than I did, so we decided that it would be best if I drive.

We arrived back to the compound at 12:30 and saw Tony and Pepper waiting for us in the common area.
Pepper gave me a smile and a nod which indicated that everything was ready.
N: I'm sorry guys but I wanna go to sleep. So, good night.
Me: Good night guys. We'll see you tomorrow.

Nat and I headed upstairs. She opened the door and got inside.
As soon as I stepped in, she closed the door behind me and pinned me to the wall.
We started kissing passionately.
Nat then started going down to my neck leaving deep purple hickeys on my skin.
Me: N-nat, they'll see.....
N: That's the point princess.....
She continued to attack my neck until she pulled away suddenly and carried me to bed over her shoulder.
We spent an hour having "fun" with each other before we decided to go to sleep.

~Time skip to 6 am in the morning~

I woke up and saw that Nat is still asleep.
Luckily, she had turned away from me while sleeping, so she wasn't cuddled up to me.
I carefully got out of bed and made my way downstairs where I saw Pepper and Tony working on the decorations.
They had prepared 100 balloons with long strings filled with helium as well as  banners saying: Happy birthday.

Me: Ohh Myy Goddd!! This is incredible guys! Thank you!!
I ran up to them and gave them a hug.
P: You're welcome sis. Now, I want to get started on breakfast. So in the mean time, Tony can show you the roof, so that if there's anything you would like to change you can do it before Nat wakes up.
Me: Ok!! Come on, let's go!!

Tony and I went up to the roof and I saw what they had prepared. It was beautiful.
Me: Thank you brother. I really mean it. I don't think I would've pulled this off if it wasn't for you and Peps.
T: Don't worry sis. It's the least I can do. Now, I don't want to ruin your mood, but I want to apologize again for what I did a couple of days ago.
Me: I forgive you. I know you were just scared.
I gave him a huge hug that I knew he needed.
T: Come on then. Let's get the decorations to your room.

Tony and I got back downstairs and took the balloons and the banners to our room.
I slowly opened the door, to make sure Nat is still asleep and we started to decorate the room.

After about 5 minutes, we finished everything and went back downstairs.
Pepper had finished the breakfast, so I took it and went back to our room.
P: Good luck sis...
T: Good luck...
Me: Thanks guys, I'll probably see you tomorrow if everything goes according to plan.

I went back into our room and closed the door behind me.
I went to Nat's side of the bed and placed the tray of pancakes next to her on the table.

I kissed her cheek to wake her up slowly.
She groaned and opened her eyes slowly smiling at me but closed them again.
Me: Good morning love. How are you feeling?
N: Good morning princess. What time is it?
Me: It's 7:08.
N: What? Why are you awake? Come on. Let's go back to sleep.
Me: Babe, can you just look around the room for a second?

Nat sat up and looked at what I have done.
Her eyes started to tear up but I couldn't tell if they were happy tears or sad tears. I got really worried.
Me: N-Nat? Are you crying bubs? I'm sorry..... Is it too much?
N: (She just pulled me in and started kissing me) I love it baby..... How did you know it was my birthday? I never told you that.
Me: Do you remember when 2 days ago, Tony asked me to go to his office for some paperwork?
N: Yeah......
Me: Well, I needed someone to put down as my emergency contact. So, put your name down. I also needed to put down some info about you but I didn't know your birthday, So, Tony pulled up your file and told me it was in 2 days.
N: But when did you prepare all this? I was with you the entire time yesterday.
Me: When Tony told you we went out to get Morgan a present, we were actually out preparing all of this. They helped me a lot.
N: Awww...... Babe..... I just love you so much.
Me: Please don't thank me babe. You deserve the world. I would've prepared something sooo much nicer if I had more time, but I just had a couple of hours.
N: It's amazing babe. Come on. Let me prepare us breakfast.
Me: Nope, already done.

I placed the tray on her with pancakes and coffee on it.
N: Babe..... These aren't store-bought. How did you make them? You can't cook anything... ( She said, laughing)
Me: I didn't make them. Pepper did. I told her that I wanted something homemade instead of store-bought, so she offered to make them. I told her to make pancakes with blueberries, because it's your favorite and she did.
N: Awww.... This is the best birthday ever.
Me: Did you really think I would only do this for you birthday? Baby, I have the entire day planned.
N: But I thought you said you didn't have much time?
Me: Yes. But I have my ways Agent Romanoff..... (I leaned in and started kissing her)
N: I love you so much babe. Now, tell me what we are going to do today! I'm so excited!
Me: Nope. I'm keeping it all a surprise. All you need to know is that we're now going to eat breakfast and then take a bath together and I'm on cuddle supply duty until lunch time.
N: I love it. Come on, let's eat. I'm starving.