Chapter 31

It was the middle of the night and I started to have a nightmare.
I dreamt that I was in the Hydra base where they kept me but I wasn't alone.
They had Nat too and they were torturing her, because I escaped the last time.

I started to cry in my sleep and stir.
I was yelling for them to stop hurting Nat.

Nat woke up and saw me crying and having a nightmare.
She tried to wake me up but it wasn't working. I just kept yelling "leave Nat alone!!" over and over.

Nat shook me aggressively and I opened my eyes.
She cupped my face so that I'm looking at her.
N: Shhhh....... I'm here baby..... I'm here..... You're safe..... I'm safe......
Me: Nat? Nat, are you really here?
N: Yes baby, it's me. Don't worry. I'm safe......

I started to cry, so Nat pulled me into a hug so that I don't start to hyperventilate and have a panic attack.
Me: They were torturing you...... They had me strapped in a chair and they tortured you, because I escaped last time..... I'm sorry..... I'm so sorry.....
N: Babe, look at me. Don't apologize. I'm safe, they didn't hurt me. You're safe. I love you and I won't let anything happen to you.

I cuddled into her again and we laid under the covers.
Me: I'm sorry I woke you up from your sleep... You're going to be tired in the morning.
N: Babe, don't worry about that. Tony cleared my schedule, so I don't have anything for the next week. I don't even have training, so I'm going to be here with you the entire time. I'm going to be here for whatever you need. Now how about we try to go back to sleep, because I'm going to wake you up again in 2 hours to give you your medication.
Me: No, you won't. I'll take them, because I already disrupted your sleep, so I don't want you to wake up again until you're rested.
N: This is not up for discussion! I'm waking you up in 2 hours for your meds! Now, come here and cuddle with me.

I couldn't believe I got so lucky. I just love her so much.
We cuddled and went back to sleep.
After 2 hours, Nat woke me up and gave me the meds. She did this every 6 hours for the entire week.

~Time skip to 1 week later~

Today, I'm meeting with the doctor again to check on my progress.

D: So everything looks good Y/N. I can tell you're doing your bandages daily and taking your meds on time.
Me: I have Nat to thank for that. She is giving me my meds every 6 hours and changing my bandages daily. She won't leave my side. She is making sure I'm taking my meds, eating well and if I need anything. She's just so wonderful.
D: I'm glad to hear it. You're one lucky lady.
Me: I know! So what now doc? What do I have to do?
D: Well, we have to ease you off the meds and you have to start walking each day for at least 3 hours.
Me: Do you mind if I tell Nat to come in here as well, because I know she would want to hear this.
D: Of course she can come in.
Me: Then give me just a minute so that I'll call her. She is sat outside waiting for me.

~~Agent Romanoff~~

Helloo there Agent Romanoff, can you please come into the examination room?
The doctor wants to explain what I have to do in the following week and I would love it if you were here as well.
xxY/N

Of course love! I'll be in right away.
xxNat

After about 30 seconds, Nat came into the room and stood next to me grabbing my hand, while the doctor started to explain everything.
D: You won't need to cover the wound with the bandage, because it needs to breathe. But you have to shower twice a day, once in the morning and once before bed to clean the wound. You always need to apply this cream on it afterwards (She hands the cream to Nat). Also you can't take baths with bubbles in it so be careful. You also need to walk for at least 3 hours a day, even if it's hard and you get really tired. You can grab onto Nat while walking but you have to keep walking in order to get better.
N: Don't worry doc. I'll make sure everything is in order.
D: I know that you've been taking care of her this past week. She told me you've been giving her the meds and making sure she eats properly and cleaning her wound. I also want to thank you and I want you to keep doing so.
N: You don't have to thank me or ask me to do anything doc. She is the love of my life and I would do everything in my power to make sure she's alright and safe. So if that means giving her her meds or whatever, I will do it.
Me: Baby get your ass over here and kiss me.

Nat blushed but kissed me.
D: This is going to be for the next 2 weeks and I'll see you for a checkup then. Take care Y/N, bye Natasha.
Me: Bye doc.
N:Bye

After the doctor left, Nat carried me into the cinema room of the compound.
She had set up a romantic date for us to take my mind off of things.
She had prepared the couch with blankets on it, brought snacks and drinks for us and had put on my favorite movie.

I was still in her arms so I just started kissing her.
After a couple of minutes, we pulled apart and I just smiled at her.
Me: Thank you baby for this amazing date you have planed for us.
N: You're welcome baby. You deserve it. Now, come on. Let's cuddle and watch the movie.

We cuddled on the couch and watched the movie.
It was an hour into the movie, when Tony and Pepper came into the room
P: Awwww...... You guys are so cute!! I also want a date like this.
Me: Thanks sis. It was all Nat.
P: I think I dated the wrong avenger. (She said jokingly)
Me&T: Heyyy....
Me: Don't even think about it sis! She's mine!

Nat grabbed my face, turning it towards her.
N: I'm all yours baby, don't worry.
I kissed her again until Tony yelled:
T: Ok, ok, that's enough Romanoff! She is still my baby sister!
P: We'll leave you guys to enjoy your date and we'll see you tomorrow.
Me&N: Goodnight.
T&P: Goodnight