Chapter 16

As we were driving back to the compound, Nat jumped in her seat and asked excitedly:
N: Can we get ice cream babe?
Me: Of course baby, whatever you want.

I pulled up to this ice cream shop that is open 24/7 and got out.
Me: What do you want baby?
N: Cookie dough ice cream!!
Me: Your wish is my command.
N: Aww... What are you getting babe?
Me: Vanilla!
N:Basic (she said while laughing).
Me: I'm offended. It happens to be a very good flavor.

We got our ice creams and sat down at a table eating.
While eating ice cream, we talked about the most random things.
Honestly, I had an amazing time.....

After we finished our ice creams we got up to leave.
Me: Do you mind if I get Tony some ice cream on our way baby? He always waits for me to come back home before he goes to sleep and he loves ice cream.
N: Of course baby. You don't need to ask for permission.
Me: I know but I don't want to make you uncomfortable. That's all...
N: I won't get uncomfortable. I think it's nice you're thinking about him.

We got the ice cream and headed back to the compound.
We entered hand in hand and the box of ice cream in my other hand.
Sure enough, Tony was still up while everyone else was asleep.

T: Welcome back lovebirds. How did it go?
Me: Before we say anything, we brought you ice cream.
T: Thank you, you didn't have to. Especially when you were out with your girlfriend.
Me: Don't worry about it Tony.
T: Ohh Myy Goddddd!!
N: What? What happened?
T: I called you Y/N's girlfriend and she didn't correct me!! Why didn't you tell me you were dating?!
Me: Ohh shit!! (I turned to Nat) Babe I didn't mean to, I'm sorry it just slipped.
N: Why are you sorry babe?
Me: Well I didn't ask if you were ok with everybody knowing just yet.
N: It's fine baby. I'm guessing they think we're already dating, especially after they heard us having sex.
T: I'm happy for the both of you!! Now come and give me a hug Y/N!!

After I hugged Tony, we said our good nights.
Afterwards, Nat grabbed my hand and started walking towards the bedrooms.
Nat was walking to her room but I stopped in front of mine and said goodnight to her.

N: What are you doing?
Me: Going into my room...
N: Didn't I tell you I was going to sleep with you every night, so that you won't get nightmares?
Me: I mean you did, but I didn't want to just assume.......
N: Get your ass over here....

I smiled and ran towards her, jumping into her arms.
We went into the room and Nat gave me an oversized t-shirt to wear.
We both had on similar outfits and got under the covers.

Nat opened her arms for me to cuddle into and I did without any hesitation.
The time was now 12:30 and I drifted off to sleep, feeling safe in Nat's arms.
After she was sure I had fallen asleep, she let sleep consume her as well.

It was now 7 am
I woke up and saw Nat sound asleep. I quietly got out of bed and made my way downstairs to the kitchen.

I saw Tony drinking coffee and reading the newspaper.
Me: Good morning brother, what are you doing up this early?
T: I can ask you the same thing.
Me: I slept very good so I'm not tired. I decided to come down here. Do you have any coffee left in your pot?
T: Yes. Let me pour you a cup.
Me: (he poured me a cup) Thank you Tony.
T: You're welcome.
Me: So.... I have a question..... When do I start to go on missions?
T: For the next 2 months, there aren't any major missions. So me, Steve and Wanda should be enough but you still have to train and always be ready, because you never know what might happen. But if all goes according to plan, your first mission should be after 3 months. Meanwhile, I need you to start using your powers, because you don't know when you'll need them.
Me: That's ok Tony, I will continue to train. But I haven't used my powers in a long time, I think I should ask Wanda for her help.
T: I think that's a great idea! We have a mission tomorrow so she will be busy until then and give her the next day off to rest and after that she's all yours. Just remember whenever you're getting frustrated and don't want to practice using your powers, think that Nat might need your help one day and your powers can save her.
Me: Jesus Brother! Why so dark in the morning?!
T: I know you hate your powers so I wanted to put that image in your head, so that you'll do it at least for her.
Me: I promise I'll practice with Wanda. Now don't ever say that again! I don't want to think about Nat getting hurt on a mission. And if you'll excuse me, I have to make breakfast for my beautiful girlfriend.
T: What are you going to do? You can't cook anything?
Me: You're right. I can't serve her cereal.
T: I mean, I can't cook as well so I can't help you with that, but we can order breakfast in and hopefully it will arrive before your girlfriend wakes up.
Me: You're a genius brother!! I'm going to order right now.

I didn't know what to order, so I just ordered everything they have on their menu and decided to let Nat decide what she wants to eat.
After about 45 minutes, the food arrived and I started to place them on plates to take them to Nat.

~~Nat's POV~~
I woke up to an empty bed.
I turned to check my phone for the time, it was only 8 am.
I got worried, because I thought she had another nightmare and decided not to wake me up.
I quickly got out of bed and threw on sweatpants and a sweatshirt and made my way downstairs to look for Y/N.
I entered the kitchen and saw her placing stuff from a box to a plate

~~Y/N's POV~~
N: What are you doing? It's 8 am!
Me: What are you doing up so early babe? I wanted to prepare everything before I came to wake you.

Nat looked over and saw everything I got.
N: Are these for the entire team?
Me: No baby, this is just for you. Every morning you make me breakfast and I want to do the same for you but I can't cook anything. Like really I can't cook anything!! So I started to panic but Tony suggested I order in instead and I didn't know what you wanted so I  ordered everything they had on the menu. I hope you like it.
N: Awww.... Baby..... You didn't have to. I could've made us something to eat.
Me: You are making breakfast every morning and I'm not doing anything. I really wanted to make something but I don't know how. So come on, choose whatever you want.
N: I would like to have some waffles with syrup please baby.
Me: Coming right up!

After I gave Nat her plate, I grabbed some toast and we started to eat.
Around 8:30, the rest of the team came in and started to eat.
Tony also walked in and was confused at what he saw.

T: Y/N, did you order all of this?
Me: Yes I did, why?
T: I thought you said you were going to order for Nat only?
Me: Well, I was but I didn't know what she wanted so I ordered everything they had so that she could choose.
Steve: Well I hope you do this often, because it is delicious.
Th: He's right little midguardian, I hope you never learn to cook anything.

N: So babe do you wanna go train?
Wanda: Babe?
N: Yes babe. What's wrong?
Steve: Are you guys dating?
Me: I mean she is my girlfriend, unless... She's already tired of me and wants to break up.
N: Nope I still want you!!
W: Well, I'm happy for you.
C: Who knew my best friend would open up and let someone in?
N: Thanks guys, I really am happy.

Suddenly, Steve got up and left the room.
Me: What was that all about?
N: I don't know but do you want to train?
Me: Yes baby, let's go.