Chapter 24

I entered the room and placed the tray of pancakes and coffee on the side of the bed.
I sat down beside Nat and kissed her cheek to try and wake her up.
She groaned and opened her eyes slowly. When she saw me sitting next to her, she started smiling.

Me: Good morning bubs, I brought you breakfast. (I said while removing some hair stuck on her face behind her ear)
N: Good morning love.

She sat up and saw the tray of food and leaned in to give me a kiss.
N:Thank you baby. You didn't have to. I could've made us something.
Me: Don't be silly. You haven't left my side in 3 days! You're doing everything for me and I'm feeling like a chore and a burden.
N: Don't say that baby. When I do those things for you, it's because I want to. You're never a burden so..... Don't! Ever! Say! That! You hear me?
Me: Ok bubs, I hear you.
N: Do you want to do anything today or do you want to stay in and cuddle all day?
Me: Well baby..... We have to get up in a couple of hours and get ready.
N: Get ready for what?
Me: Our flight leaves at 6 in the evening.
N: What? We're leaving today?
Me: Yes baby, we are. We still have time. We have to leave here at 4 to be at the airport at 5. I have prepared everything, so we have the morning to ourselves but I promised Tony we'll eat lunch with the entire team before we leave.
N: That's ok baby. But please tell me where we're going and for how long......
Me: Nope. You'll find out in a couple of hours. It's a surprise.

The morning passed quickly, since all we did was eat breakfast and cuddle watching TV.
At 2 we went down and ate lunch with the entire team.

~The time is 3:45 and you have to leave~

Me: Ok, bye guys. We have to get going
T: Nat. Please promise me you'll take care of her and won't let anything happen to her.
N: Of course Tony, don't worry.

Wanda came up and hugged us both tightly, followed by Bruce.
N: Why are you guys acting like we're going away for a long time. We'll be back before you'll know it.
W: Y/N, you still haven't told her anything?
Me: No, I haven't.
T: Come here sis!!

Tony and I hugged for a long time before pulling away.
T: Promise me you'll take care of yourself and protect Nat. And remember if you need anything, all you have to do is call me and I'll be there in 7 hours.
N: 7 hours? So the place we're going is 7 hours away?

I gave Tony the death stare.
T: Ok, I'm going to shut up before Y/N kills me.
Me: That'll be wise of you.

We said our goodbyes and headed to the airport.
The time was now 5:10 and we headed up to the private jet lounge.

N: Baby, why are we here? Shouldn't we be in the departure lounge? This is for private planes.
Me: You really think the first time I take you somewhere romantic, I'm going to use regular planes? Of course not. We are leaving in our private jet.
N: A private jet?! Really?!
Me: of course baby!!

We went up to the plane and headed up the stairs.
The captain was waiting for us in front of the door to greet us.
C: Hello miss Stark. How are you?
Me: I'm fine Cap. Thank you.
C: And who might this lovely lady be?
Me: This amazing woman is my girlfriend, and I'm taking her on a surprise romantic trip, so please don't say where we're going in front of her.
C: Of course miss Stark, don't worry.
N: Really babe? We're on the plane and you're still not going to tell me?
Me: Not yet. I want to sit down first then I'll tell you, because I can't speak their language but you can.

We went in and sat down. The hostess came and handed us 2 champagne glasses and filled them up.
Me: Cheers baby....
N: Cheers my love. Can you please tell me where we're going now?
Me: Ok fine!! I'm taking you to France. I want it to be romantic and unforgettable. But I can't speak French, so you're going to do all the talking.
N: You're taking me to France?! I've been there a couple of times but only for a few days and it was for missions, so I didn't go sightseeing or anything. How long are we going for?
Me: We can stay there for month but if it's too long or you want us to come back home earlier, that's totally ok with me love.
N: A month? We get to be in the city of love for a month? Just you and me?
Me: Yes baby, but the plane leaves at 6 and we get there 7 hours later and because of the time difference, the time there will be 7 am and I have made breakfast reservations at 9, so we have to sleep on the plane.
N: You're very thoughtful baby, thank you. But before we leave come her and kiss me for a couple of minutes.

The plane left at 6 and the ride there was very uneventful. We slept the entire time and after landing the captain came and woke us up.