Chapter 29

*Y/N's POV*

(The time was 9 AM)

I woke up feeling someone grabbing my hand.
I looked down and saw my beautiful, amazing and loving girlfriend sat next to me.
I squeezed her hand and she jumped up looking at me.
I knew there was a possibility I would lose my memory, so I decided to mess with her.

N: Y/N!! Ohh Myy Godd!! You're awake!!
Me: I'm sorry but... who are you?

Nat took a step back and let go of my hand with a shocked look on her face.
When I saw her face, I felt really bad and guilty.
Me: Aww.... Baby..... I'm sorry. I'm just messing with you. I could never forget you. I love you Agent Romanoff.

When I said that, Nat looked down and started crying.
Without thinking, I jumped out of bed to go to her but I forgot that there was a hole in my stomach with stitches in it. So I fell to the floor, because of a shooting pain in my torso.

Nat quickly ran towards me and held me while shouting for the doctor.
The doctor came running in and helped me to the bed.
D: What happened?
N: She jumped out of bed and fell the floor.
D: Why did you jump out of bed?
Me: Because my girlfriend was crying and I couldn't sit there and watch. I had to do something.
D: Well, you just ripped your stitches. We need to do them again, so don't move.
N: Really babe? You had to jump out of bed with a hole in your stomach because I was crying?
Me: Of course I did! What type of question is that? I love you more than anything and I don't want to see you crying!
D: (turning to Nat) I'm going to need you to step outside until we're finished.
N: I'll be right outside love and I'll come back as soon as she is done.

Nat went outside and got Tony. They waited in front of the door until the doctor went out and told them they can see me.
Nat and Tony entered my room and I could tell they both have been crying.

T: What? You won't rip your stitches for me? Only for her?
I laughed but it hurt.
Me: Don't make me laugh... It hurts so much...

Nat just stood there looking at me. I knew she felt guilty by the look on her face.
I sat up and started to move over to the side of the bed.
N: What are you doing?! You'll hurt yourself again! Don't move.

I was struggling to move but kept going, because I knew that was what she needed.
Me: I'm making room for my amazing girlfriend, because I want to cuddle with her.
N: No babe. I'll accidentally hurt you.
Me: No, you won't!! Stop it!! Come here and cuddle me!!

Nat hesitantly came and laid next to me in bed.
I opened my arms for her to cuddle into, because I knew she needed to be held more than I did.
Me: Tony.... I'm sorry. I love you but can you leave me alone with my love for a bit?
T: Yes, of course. I'll be in my office if you need anything.

Tony left and I turned towards Nat and kissed the top of her head while she laid in my arms.
Me: Please talk to me baby, what's wrong?
Nat started crying and couldn't even look at me.
N: I'm sorry......

I raised her chin with my fingers and looked at her in her eyes.
Me: What are you sorry for love? You didn't do anything! I don't want you to apologize, and I don't want to see you crying again.
N: Y/N, you don't understand. Bucky didn't want to kill me.
Me: What? Then, what did he want to do?
N: You were his mission this entire time. He sent out the threat at me, because he knew we would come back here to keep me safe. And then he shot at me, because he knew you would take the bullet for me. That was his and Steve's plan all along. I spoke with him and he told me he either had to kill you for Steve, or he had to kidnap you and take you back to Hydra.
Me: W-what? You spoke with him? How?
N: We captured him. He is downstairs in a cell.
Me: I want to talk to him.
N: No, you can't. It's too dangerous.
Me: It's not. He is in a cell.
N: Ok but I have to go with you and you have to rest first.
Me: Ok love. Can we cuddle for now?
N: Of course.

She cuddled further into my chest and I felt a place on my shirt getting wet.
I looked down and saw her crying.
Me: Babe? Why are you crying?
N: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb your rest.
Me: Don't be silly baby. You never disturb me. I love you. Now please tell me what's wrong.
N: It's just that I nearly lost you! I can't live without you! You're the love of my life. I just started to overthink.

I smiled, because she called me the love of her life.
N: What? What are you smiling at?
Me: You called me the love of your life!
N: (Nat smiled and decided to tease me) Well, you called me the love of your life first.....
Me: How did you know that?
N: Tony told me....
Me: I'm going to kill him when I get out of this bed.

Nat started laughing, and kissed me.
N: I love you so much.
Me: I love you more. I'm sure you didn't sleep last night, because you wanted to stay with me, so I'm going to need you to sleep now.
N: No, no, I'm ok.
Me: Natalia Alianovna Romanova! Go. To. Sleep.
Nat laughed, because we had the same conversation the last time I was in a hospital and then went to sleep.

~Time skip to 4 hours later~

Nat was still asleep on my chest when the doctor came in.
D: Hi Y/N. Hope you haven't ripped anymore stitches.

We both laughed.
D: Now. On a more serious note, you can go back to your room, because you have a medical wing here at the compound and you have qualified people that can take care of you. You are stable and just need time to recover. I've asked Nat if she could change your bandage for you, to which she agreed without even hesitating. So, I taught her how to do it properly. You should get some bedrest for at least a week and then I'll see how you're doing. If everything goes well, you should be back to your job in a month.
Me: Thank you doc. Can you please send my brother in if you can?
D: Of course. I will be leaving and I'll see you in a week for your checkup.

Tony walked into the room after a couple of minutes and started making jokes.
T: You called ma'lady? (He said bowing down)

I laughed but shushed him, because Nat was still asleep.
Me: Heyy Tony, can you please make sure Nat's room is ready for when she wakes up? The doctor said I can go to my room, but I want to stay in her room. She hasn't slept the entire night, so I'm sure she is going to sleep for a while, but I want to make sure it's ready.
T: Of course sis, don't worry. Do you need anything? Can I get you anything?
Me: No, thank you Tony. I'm just going to rest until she wakes up.
T: I'll see you later then sis.
Me: See you later Tony.
Tony left and I just laid there waiting for the love of my life to wake up.