Chapter 23

~The time is 11 PM~

It's now evening and Nat still hasn't woken up. I can't blame her, she was awake the entire time.
She started to stir and opened her eyes.
Me: Good evening my love. How are you feeling?
N: Good evening? What time is it?
Me: It's....... 11:05.
N: In the morning?
Me: No silly. In the evening. That's why I said good evening.

Nat looked out the window and saw that it's dark.
She quickly jumped up and said:
N: I'm sorry baby. Was I asleep on you the entire day?
Me: It's ok love. I know you needed the rest.
N: Awww... Baby, you should've woke me up. Do you need anything? Can I get you anything?
Me: Actually yes, I've been needing to use the bathroom for the past couple of hours but I didn't want to wake you up. So can you please help me to the bathroom?
N: You were uncomfortable for a few hours, because you didn't want to wake me up?
Me: Of course baby, you were tired and needed sleep. I would do anything for you love.
N: Thanks baby, but still, you should've woken me up. Now, come on. Let's get you to the bathroom.

After I went to the bathroom, I came back and sat in the chair.
N: Did Bruce or Tony tell you when you can get back to your room?
Me: Yes, they told me this morning that I can get back but you were asleep, so I waited till you woke up.
N: Babe, are you serious? These beds are not comfortable! You laid here all day and didn't even go to the bathroom, because you wanted me to keep sleeping?
Me: Yes babe. You're far more important to me than being comfortable.
N: Come on baby. Let's get you to bed.

She carried me bridal style and started to walk back to the common area to go upstairs to our room.
Everyone was seated there and they just looked at us.
Nat slowly put me down, so that we can talk with them before going up.
W: I see you're in good hands Y/N.
Me: Of course!! I'm always in good hands when I'm with Agent Romanoff.
T: Why are you guys down here? I told you, you can go to your room at 10 am.
Me: Well as you know, Nat was asleep. So I let her wake up on her own time before we can go upstairs.
B: Aww..... You really do love her don't you?

I suddenly turned really red and my anxiety went through the roof.
Me: Wow it's really hot in here, I'm sweating!!

Nat and Tony looked at each other before Nat turned to me.
N: Come on love. We need to get you to bed.

With that being said, she carried me again and took me to my room.
She laid me carefully on the bed and opened her arms for me to cuddle into.
After cuddling in comfortable silence for 30 minutes, Nat looked at me and asked:
N: Babe?
Me: Yes baby..
N: Have you eaten anything at all today?
Me: No I haven't. But I'm not hungry.
N: What? Why didn't you eat anything?
Me: Well, you were asleep on me so I couldn't get up and I didn't want to wake you to ask if you can help me. Plus, no one brought me anything or even asked if I needed anything.
N: Awww.... Babe. For future reference, I would rather you wake me up from the best sleep of my life than see you go an entire day without eating anything.

When she said that, there was a knock on the door and I yelled 'come in'.
The door opened and Tony walked in with a tray with 2 bowls of soup on it, one for me and one for Nat.
T: I brought you guys soup.
Me: Thanks Tony.
T: No problem sis. I just need you to rest for now, because I arranged everything you asked me to do and you can leave after 3 days.
N: Where are you going love?
Me: I'm not going anywhere. We are!! I arranged a little get away for us but don't ask anything, because it a surprise and I won't tell you anything.
N: You have to tell me because I have to pack accordingly.
Me: Nope. I've taken care of everything.
T: Ok, I'm going to leave you guys alone. But if you don't rest, you can't leave.
N: Thanks Tony, I'll make sure she rests.
T: I know Romanoff. I'm really happy for the both of you.

After saying that, Tony left the room and we ate our soups.
N: Baby, please tell me where we're going. And for how long?
Me: Babe, please stop worrying. I've taken care of everything. I checked your schedule with Tony, so you're all set. I just need your pretty little ass to rest before we go.
N: I'm the one that's supposed to tell you to rest baby...

~Time skip to 3 days later~
It was 8 am when I woke up.
I saw Nat still asleep, so I got up carefully and went downstairs.
I saw Tony drinking coffee and reading the newspaper.

Me: Morning brother!!
T: Morning sis, how are you feeling?
Me: I'm great. Thanks for asking. Yesterday, Bruce gave me the all clear to go on the trip. Anyways, do you have any coffee left in you pot or should I make a new batch?
T: No, don't make a new one. I still have plenty left. Here (he handed me a cup of coffee)
Me: Thanks. I'm going to order breakfast for me and Nat. Do you want anything?
T: No, thanks. I already ate cereal. Now, don't forget your plane leaves at 6. If you'll excuse me, I have work to do in the lab.

I ordered pancakes for me and Nat and it arrived in 30 minutes.
I placed everything she'll need on a tray and took it up to our room.