Chapter 22

It's now the next morning and Nat sat with me the entire time.
She didn't sleep, because she wanted to be awake when I woke up.

Fortunately, I didn't have major injuries. I have only bruised 4 ribs on my left side. The blood from my nose and mouth wasn't a big deal. He didn't break any bones.

~The time was 8 AM~
Nat was still awake holding my hand and crying.
She couldn't forgive herself for being the reason I got hurt.
She was afraid she'll lose me after this.

I started to open my eyes and saw Nat grabbing my hand with her head down.
I squeezed her hand and said:
Me: Nat...
N: OHH MYY GODD.... Y/N!! You're awake!!

She jumped up and hugged me tightly, forgetting that I have bruised ribs.
Me : Owwww.....
N: I'm sorry baby, I forgot. I'm sorry!!
Me: Nat, it's ok. What happened?
N: What is the last thing you remember?
Me: I remember sending an emergency alert to you and Tony but after that it's all a blur.

Nat started crying because of what happened.
Me: Hey, hey baby.... Don't cry... Please don't cry... I'm ok... You're ok.... Please stop crying my love.
N: I'm sorry! I promised I won't hurt you and I did! Steve hurt you because of me! I'm sorry baby!!

(She was still crying and started to hyperventilate)
Me: Baby look at me.
        Good girl....
        Now in through your nose......
        And out through you mouth.....

After a couple of minutes, she calmed down.
Me: Come here baby. (I patted the space on the bed next to me so that we can cuddle)
N: No, you will get hurt...
Me: I'm ok baby. Now come and cuddle with me.

Nat got in next to me and cuddled into me carefully to make sure she doesn't hurt me.
Me: Baby I don't want you to blame yourself. You hear me? Steve is the one who attacked me. You had nothing to do with this. Don't you dare apologize and don't you dare blame yourself!!
N: But he attacked you because he is in love with me and I can't forgive myself for........
Me: Babe stop it! You don't need to apologize! Like I said, he is the one who attacked me and the reason he did is because he is and entitled bitch, not because of you.

Nat giggled and cuddled into me tighter.
After a couple of minutes, Nat silently yawned and tried to hide it from me.
Me: Babe?
N: Yes baby...
Me: When I woke up, you were already awake. Did you sleep at all last night?
N: Yes baby, I did. Don't worry.
Me: Please don't lie to me baby. You didn't sleep, did you?
N: No..... I didn't..... I wanted to be with you when you woke up.
Me: It's ok baby. But I'm going to need you to sleep now, ok?
N: I can't sleep now. You're awake. You might need something.
Me: Baby, I promise I will let you know if I need anything. Now please go to sleep! I'm not going to say it again!
Nat gave me a quick kiss and slept in a matter of seconds still cuddled into me.

~The time was now 10 AM~
Tony walked in with Bruce to check up on me when they saw me awake and Nat asleep cuddled into me.
T: Thank God you're awake!!
Me: Shhhh...... Keep it down. She just went to sleep.
T: I'm sorry.... She was up all night. She refused to go to sleep without you.
Me: I just love her so much!! And I can't tell her, I think it's too soon.
T: If it makes you feel any better, she loves you too.
Me: How do you know?
T: Well yesterday, after we brought you here, you woke up and said Steve's name before passing out again. So Nat and I went to his room and she kicked his ass and told him she wasn't in love with him but she was in love with you.

I couldn't help but smile.
Me: She did what? And she said what? You're not messing with me right now, right?
T: No, I'm not! She would've killed him if I hadn't pulled her away from him. You got yourself a keeper!

I started to tear up but tried to hide it.
Nat woke up from the noise and looked up and saw Tony and Bruce. She quickly looked up at me and saw me with tears in my eyes.
N: Babe? What's wrong? Why are you crying?

I couldn't say anything, so I just started to kiss her.
She pulled away after a couple of seconds and looked at me confused.
Me: Tony told me what you did! It's just that no one has ever done that for me before! Now I need you to go back to sleep!
N: No, it's ok. I can stay up...
Me: Natalia Alianovna Romanova!! I'm not going to say it again. Go. To. Sleep!!

With that being said she went back to sleep and I looked at Tony and Bruce who were confused.
Me: What?
B: She never listens to anyone. We're just surprised. Anyways....... You're very lucky Y/N. You only have 4 bruised ribs. You'll need to rest for 2 days and stop training for the next couple of days, but you should be back on your feet in no time.
Me: Thank you Bruce.
B: If you'll excuse me, I have to go back to the lab.

I nodded and he left.
Me: Hey Tony?
T: Yes sis?
Me: Where is Steve right now? What happened to him?
T: Well, I kicked him out and SHIELD agents came and got him.
Me: That's great! Can I ask you something?
T: Of course sis. Always.
Me: Do you remember what I was planning for Nat?
T: Yes, I do.
Me: Well, can you arrange it so that we leave in a couple of days?
T: Are you sure? I mean you're injured.
Me: I'm ok. Bruce said I need to rest for 2 days, then I can get up. So if we'll leave in a couple of days, it will be great.
T: Ok, I'll arrange it. Don't worry! You and Nat can have a month off. Don't worry about packing. I'll send someone to pack everything you'll need and I'll even have outfits ready for you once you get there. Just, please rest.
Me: Thanks Tony!
T: Ok, I'm going to leave you alone with Nat.
Me: When can I get back to my room?
T: Whenever you'll like.
Me: I'm going to wait for Nat to wake up, then I'll go.
T: Ok sis. See you later. I'll let you know as soon as I arrange everything.
Me: Bye Tony.
T: Bye kiddo.